Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-01-18T17:10:02Z by lisaw
Bleddyn
Bleddyn
30 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WAS ND Console what should show on the server with WXS Client Installed?

‏2013-01-17T14:13:07Z |
Hi,

When I have an augmented WAS 6.1 with the 8.5 client for WAS 6.1, what should I see against the server in the WAS ND manager view? We had previously had the full 7.1.1 product installed and then augmented the profile, when you looked at the ND manager it would say that the server was on WAS 6.1.0.41 and also had WXS 7.1.1 on there. However with just the client installed the ND manager is giving no indication that on that server instance WXS is installed. But that could be because its just a client on there now?

Thanks Bleddyn
Updated on 2013-01-18T17:10:02Z at 2013-01-18T17:10:02Z by lisaw
  • lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WAS ND Console what should show on the server with WXS Client Installed?

‏2013-01-18T17:10:02Z  in response to Bleddyn
    You can validate this by going into your WebSphere Application Server and running version info. <WAS61_INSTALL>/bin/versionInfo

Here is what mine looks like:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name                     IBM WebSphere Application Server - ND Version                  6.1.0.45 ID                       ND Installed Product -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name                     IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale Version                  8.5.0.0 ID                       WXS --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 6.1 application server view will only show the version of the WebSphere Application Server, but you should see in the Admin Console System Administration->WebSphere eXtreme Scale panels to configure your catalog service domains.

• Lisa

Websphere eXtreme Scale Development