• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-13T08:28:02Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1245 Posts

Pinned topic Steps to integrate apachetomcat with infosphere streams studio

‏2013-01-17T07:10:00Z |
Hi EveryOne,
I am using jetty-6.14 to load the data on the browser coded in streamstudio with streams3.0.
I have installed apachetomcat6.0.35 in my machine(i.e os-RHEL-6.0)
I want to use apache tomcat webserver.Can any one give me the steps to integrate apache tomcat with
streamsstudio.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sivaramaprasad.g.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1245 Posts

Re: Steps to integrate apachetomcat with infosphere streams studio

‏2013-01-22T14:36:59Z  
    Hello,

I just want to understand your requirement correctly first.

Do you have a Streams application that generates some data, and you would like to send this data to a Tomcat server so the data can be presented onto a browser?

You are trying to figure out how to start / stop the tomcat server that you have installed, and work on the web project in Streams Studio?

Thanks...
    Samantha
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1245 Posts

‏2013-01-25T00:18:00Z  
    Install "Eclipse Web Developer Tools" in Streams Studio. That will give you web development tooling in Eclipse. I believe that (or perhaps with some additional web server adapters installed) should allow you to configure Eclipse/Streams Studio to connect to your Tomcat server.

Mary
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1245 Posts

‏2013-02-13T08:28:02Z  
    Hello,

I just want to understand your requirement correctly first.

Do you have a Streams application that generates some data, and you would like to send this data to a Tomcat server so the data can be presented onto a browser?

You are trying to figure out how to start / stop the tomcat server that you have installed, and work on the web project in Streams Studio?

Thanks...
    Samantha
    Hi Samantha,

Thanks for Your reply.

Yes We are getting data from external url by using InetSource Operator.

I need that data to be present on the browser.

Currently we are using Jetty web server to present data on the browser by using Httptupleviewoperator in side SPL.

But the problem is jetty is not support for distributed applications. It supports standalone builds only.

Is there is any other web server to present data on the browser for distributed application?

And one more query is we are facing challenges to write while statements and For inside InetSource Operator.

Why we want write while loop we have a situation in that we have to get data in iterations from the url. Meaning we have to loop url no of times with condition(for example i=365)

For that we have to write a while statement inside InetSource.

Is this possible to write a while statement in Inetsource or is there any documentation to improve coding standards with statements like while and For?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Siva rama prasad