We have a DS4700 that has
Number of drives: 5
Supported drive types: Fibre (5)
Total hot spare drives: 1
Capacity: 136 GB
Now we want to upgrade that 5 HDDs 136 GB by 6 HDDs 600 GB. So could anyone tell me what exact actions should we have to do?
Here is my opinion, so is it right or enough to do:
1. Save AllSupportData and Save Configuration.
2. Backup all Database, Application Data on DS4700.
3. Power off DS4700, then physically remove 5 HDDS 136 GB and insert 6 HDDs 600 GB.
4. Power on DS4700, then Load Save Configuration.
5. Check the status, configuration....
Thanks for your help,
This topic has been locked.
1 reply Latest Post - 2013-01-21T04:45:32Z by Novikov_Alexander
Pinned topic How to upgrade FC HDDs for DS4700
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2013-01-21T04:45:32Z at 2013-01-21T04:45:32Z by Novikov_Alexander
Novikov_Alexander 100000HTD51391 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: How to upgrade FC HDDs for DS47002013-01-21T04:45:32Z in response to SystemAdminDear Binh,
see the doc:
Installation and Migration Guide for Hard Drive and Storage Expansion Enclosure - IBM System Storage DS3000, DS4000, and DS5000