We have a DS4700 that has
Number of drives: 5
Supported drive types: Fibre (5)
Total hot spare drives: 1
Capacity: 136 GB
Now we want to upgrade that 5 HDDs 136 GB by 6 HDDs 600 GB. So could anyone tell me what exact actions should we have to do?
Here is my opinion, so is it right or enough to do:
1. Save AllSupportData and Save Configuration.
2. Backup all Database, Application Data on DS4700.
3. Power off DS4700, then physically remove 5 HDDS 136 GB and insert 6 HDDs 600 GB.
4. Power on DS4700, then Load Save Configuration.
5. Check the status, configuration....
Thanks for your help,
Pinned topic How to upgrade FC HDDs for DS4700
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2013-01-21T04:45:32Z at 2013-01-21T04:45:32Z by Novikov_Alexander
Novikov_Alexander 100000HTD51409 Posts
Re: How to upgrade FC HDDs for DS47002013-01-21T04:45:32ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Dear Binh,
see the doc:
Installation and Migration Guide for Hard Drive and Storage Expansion Enclosure - IBM System Storage DS3000, DS4000, and DS5000