2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-17T10:59:18Z by SystemAdmin
VGEB_Sari_Abuzahra
VGEB_Sari_Abuzahra
11 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WAMC Subscription To Another Manager Exception

‏2013-01-16T08:23:42Z |
Dears,

We are using WebSphere Appliance Management Center Version 4.0.0 (installed on Windows OS). and we had a problem with the server where it's installed, and after fixing Windows issue. we are not able now to add a device to a manage set, and we are getting the following error:

Task did not complete because of error: com.ibm.datapower.wamt.clientAPI.SubscriptionToAnotherManagerException: WAMT0025E: The prod25/172.20.123.25 appliance is reporting that another manager is subscribed to it. The subscription URL of the suspected other manager is https://:5555/

the problem is that the error does not mention the IP address of the other manager "https://:5555/". and we are not able to subscribe the device to a new manager.
How can we unsubscribe the appliance from that manager?

Regards
Updated on 2013-01-17T10:59:18Z at 2013-01-17T10:59:18Z by SystemAdmin
  • VGEB_Sari_Abuzahra
    VGEB_Sari_Abuzahra
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WAMC Subscription To Another Manager Exception

‏2013-01-16T09:39:34Z  in response to VGEB_Sari_Abuzahra
    I have found the solution.

From DataPower device (using default domain)
    • Go to "Manage Log Targets"
    • Delete the log target called "WAMT"

Now we can add the device to a manage set from WAMC
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6772 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WAMC Subscription To Another Manager Exception

‏2013-01-17T10:59:18Z  in response to VGEB_Sari_Abuzahra
      Hello,

Firstly, the solution you describe is the correct resolution of this issue. In WAMC V4.0 only one WAMT subscription is allowed per DataPower appliance and an exception will be generated if you attempt to add an appliance to multiple versions of WAMC. This restriction has been removed from the versions of newest versions of WAMC.

From your first post it sounds like you have just started using WAMC V4. Is there any particular reason you have not considered using the very latest version of WAMC? The latest release is the 30 Nov 2012 version which is available for free at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24032265. As mentioned above, this release doesn't have the restriction of one subscription per appliance if that is something that you require. The newer releases are very different from the V4 release however: they're much easier to install, require less disk space and have a much more responsive UI. The V4.0 product is also not being developed any further so will not be updated with new features although is still being supported if defects are encountered.

At the very least I would recommend downloading the latest WAMC release and trying it before you get too far along with the deployment of WAMC V4. If I can help any further with queries about WAMC please let me know. You can contact myself or any other member of the development team either through this forum which we monitor regularly or by contacting us at wamc@uk.ibm.com.

Thanks,
      Ashley