• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-08T00:41:04Z by SystemAdmin
MuraliK,Meduri
MuraliK,Meduri
50 Posts

Pinned topic can we integrate my application social websites

‏2013-01-15T21:19:39Z |
Hi Team
I have been into a typical problem. In one of my application i have to share some of the comments to Facebook and Twitter, Either does Worklight API/Phonegap provides any API for this, or do i have to depend on the native component for this functionality, if iam supposed to write a native component for this, then my whole idea of choosing the worklight gets disturbed? Can you please suggest any idea here insted of going for a NAtive Component. Thanks in advance
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

Re: can we integrate my application social websites

‏2013-01-15T21:33:03Z  
    To my knowledge, neither worklight nor phonegap provides APIs that will allow you to directly post comments or access their news feed. Facebook and Twitter provide APIs that you must integrate into your own applications. They have created both native APIs as well as RESTful APIs for users to authenticate and directly access a user's feed. For example, Facebook Graph API provides a REST service for obtaining an authentication token that can be used for subsequent requests and likes by the user from their web application (or in your case, a Worklight app). You would just need to create a Worklight adapter to make the correct REST calls (might be a bit more complicated than that, but you get the idea).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-15T21:46:38Z  
    There is a also a pretty comprehensive tutorial here:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/mobile/web/
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-15T21:51:26Z  
    There is a also a pretty comprehensive tutorial here:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/mobile/web/
    We built a demo app "Worklight Social" last year that integrated with a Facebook profile. Really the integration part wasn't so bad but getting a solution to the login credential and allowing our app access to the profile was the bigger challenge.

The solution we used was childbrowser, see here for details

Aaron Allsbrook
    ClearBlade Mobile Lead
  • MuraliK,Meduri
    MuraliK,Meduri
    50 Posts

‏2013-01-27T12:06:14Z  
    We built a demo app "Worklight Social" last year that integrated with a Facebook profile. Really the integration part wasn't so bad but getting a solution to the login credential and allowing our app access to the profile was the bigger challenge.

The solution we used was childbrowser, see here for details

Aaron Allsbrook
    ClearBlade Mobile Lead
    Hi Aaron
    Thank you somuch for your reply, iam now clear on childbrowser and why do i have to use. Its a great post, but how do i have to integrate my app with Facebook. which api do i have to use, have you ever come across this?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-02-08T00:41:04Z  
    Hi Aaron
    Thank you somuch for your reply, iam now clear on childbrowser and why do i have to use. Its a great post, but how do i have to integrate my app with Facebook. which api do i have to use, have you ever come across this?
    Note: IBM forums are in the process of migrating to a new format. During migration the forums will be frozen and in read-only mode. If you wish to continue this thread discussion please post it on stackoverflow, where the Worklight team and others can respond.

See the Forum Migration announce post for more details. Thank you.

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight