Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-29T18:52:30Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
849 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Is there a method to avoid ++INCLUDE processing?

‏2013-01-15T19:22:52Z |
Hi
I am running RAAz 6.0.0.10 and have come accross a minor problem.
In former days, CA-PANVALET was in use in the shop, the ++INCLUDE statements have been handled, but only the active ones.
That have left a number of ++INCLUDES as COBOL comments.

RAAz are disregarding any comment asterix in col 7, and are trying to resolve the ++INCLUDE regardless. Needless to say, it can't find the includes, and where it can find them, it garbles the source, as they shouldn't have been included...

So, is there a way to circumvent RAAz's build in ++INCLUDE processing?
I assume that there is a good reason for having RAAz handling ++INCLUDES, even as comments.

BR
Mads
Updated on 2013-01-29T18:52:30Z at 2013-01-29T18:52:30Z by SystemAdmin
  • jcdelmo
    jcdelmo
    340 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Is there a method to avoid ++INCLUDE processing?

‏2013-01-15T20:19:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The handling of ++INCLUDE statements by RAA is controlled by two properties in the Common.cfg file (see below) as some clients may be in various stages of using/migrating from CA-Panvalet. The CA-Panvalet version control system may not know the language of the file, and always expects to see the ++INCLUDE start in column 8. An asterisk in column 7 (for COBOL) is seen by the compiler (but not by CA-Panvalet).

The two properties allow various combinations of procecesing. I believe you want to set expandIncludeInCommnet = false

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # ---Panvalet--- # This specifies the attributes of RAA
    's CA-Panvalet support: # allowIncludeInAnyColumn = ++INCLUDE may start in columns other than 8 # expandIncludeInComment  = ++INCLUDE may be commented out # isEnabled               = indicates CA-Panvalet support is enabled #-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [Panvalet] allowIncludeInAnyColumn = 

false; expandIncludeInComment = 

true; isEnabled = 

false

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    849 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Is there a method to avoid ++INCLUDE processing?

‏2013-01-29T18:52:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Thx for helping my poor memory.