5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-15T19:12:22Z by DTan
DTan
DTan
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Application Center Page Login Prompt

‏2013-01-15T18:45:08Z |
Hi,

I am new to WorkLight, and have just installed Work Light Server Enterprise Edition Version 5.0.5 with MySQL Server. What I would like to do is to have the Application Center up and running, where I can import various android or iOS apps to it.

I have only two users in SQL server, which are "root" and "bigfix". During the WL installation time (through IBM Installation Manager), I put in the credential for user bigfix.

However, I was not able to log on to the Application center through browser with above users. (See attachment for login prompt). I have also tried dbuser/appcntr, but no luck.
Any hints on where I can define or add such user?
  • qcduong
    qcduong
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Application Center Page Login Prompt

‏2013-01-15T18:48:01Z  in response to DTan
    Hi,

Did you install choosing the WAS 8.5 Liberty Profile or WAS 7,8,8.5 others?
    • DTan
      DTan
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-15T19:00:06Z  in response to qcduong
      Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes. I was installing it on a Windows 7 machine, and I don't have the others installed.

Does that mean the user management will be under the WAS 8.5 Liberty Profile? (This software is new to me too, and I thought WorkLight installer will take care of the user creation for me.)
      • qcduong
        qcduong
        12 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-15T19:07:09Z  in response to DTan
        If you indeed chose to install using the WAS 8.5 Liberty Profile, then you should be able to locate the server.xml in it's default installation directory.
        C:\ProgramData\IBM\Worklight\WAS85liberty-server\wlp\usr\servers\worklightServer\server.xml

Locate the following line and you should see what has been defined and be able to edit the entries.
        <!-- Declare the user registry for the IBM Application Center. -->
        <basicRegistry id="applicationcenter-registry" realm="ApplicationCenter"
    • DTan
      DTan
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-15T19:06:29Z  in response to qcduong
      To clarify, I chose the "Install WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile" option during installation time. (See screenshot)
      • DTan
        DTan
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-15T19:12:22Z  in response to DTan
        Awesome! Thanks again.