Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-21T05:39:41Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1305 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Suggest good C++ quality analysis tool to integrate with rhapsody 7.6.1

‏2013-01-15T15:44:45Z |
hi friends,
i want to do a C++ code analysis of code generated through rhapsody developer 7.6.1 version and want to do both static as well as dynamic analysis can anyone suggest a good freeware or addin so that i can integrate it with rhapsody ?
Updated on 2013-01-21T05:39:41Z at 2013-01-21T05:39:41Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Suggest good C++ quality analysis tool to integrate with rhapsody 7.6.1

‏2013-01-18T04:31:44Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

We've done some sort of R&D for this.
    To my knowledge there is no plug in free ware for Static and Dynamic Analysis.

But QAC++ (PRQA) got some plug in for Rhaposody (Static Analysis)
    and
    IBM RTRT got some plug in for Dynamic analysis.
    Both are licensed.

Regards,
    kumar
    • Yevo
      Yevo
      243 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-18T07:58:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      LDRA also has Rhapsody plugin
  • martin.dowie
    martin.dowie
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-18T08:27:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Can you expand on what you want from 'static analysis'? Is it style guide enforcement and metrics? Or do you want deep 'semantic analysis' to find runtime error? If the former than QA-C/QA-C++ is an option. If the later then look at Polyspace (http://www.mathworks.co.uk/products/polyspace/index.html). Neither are free but both come with Rhapsody plugins.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T05:39:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    thanks guys for your response

@martin

to be very specific, in static analysis i want Copy paste detection, cyclomatic complexity of code, memory and resource leakages etc. and in dynamic code analysis i want to know if a part of code, i'm willing to run on a target then i want to know CPU and memory utilization of code for the target specific configuration.

can you suggest any good freeware/tools for this purpose ,i mean its fine if we could not integrate it with rhapsody but we must able to run the tools individually on rhapsody generated code