Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-26T02:23:57Z by jtoma
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
704 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Cannot Provision IMS Administrator-> The user name or password is incorrect

‏2013-01-15T14:47:51Z |
I have recently joined an org where ISAM ESSO v8.2 is already deployed, configured and working as expected. I do have the documents but does not cover everything. The enterprise directory - AD is configured successfully as SSL with port # 636. Normal users are able to Sign-up and login using the ESSO GINA and autologon to Windows.

I'm trying to Provision myself as IMS Admin using the IMS webconf utility, but it fails with error: The user name or password is incorrect. The account credentials are good as I can login to AA and windows desktop using same AD creds. To verify I used the Diagnostic test for enterprise directory. But it fails with error -> "Verification failed: User exists but password expired" I have tried to verify couple more users and I get same error. Verified, the AD account and password is correct and not expired. Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thanks
AP
Updated on 2013-01-26T02:23:57Z at 2013-01-26T02:23:57Z by jtoma
  • jtoma
    jtoma
    655 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cannot Provision IMS Administrator-> The user name or password is incorrect

‏2013-01-19T01:30:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Actually you mentioned that you can login to AA with the same account. In order to provision an account as an administrator thru webconf, that user must not exist on the IMS. Please try with a new AD account that is not already registered with IMS and it should work.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      704 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T18:44:53Z  in response to jtoma
      Hi,

I tested 2 scenarios:
      1) delete my account from IMS and then try provision as IMS admin as if it's new user.
      2) as suggested provision a new AD account that was never registered with IMS

Unfortunately both scenarios did not work. I still get same error: "The user name or password is incorrect."
      And when I run the Diagnostic tool to verify the accounts, I get "Verification failed: User exists but password expired."
      Error screenshots attached. Please advice.

Thanks, AP
      • luisolra
        luisolra
        12 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-22T01:30:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Actually I have the same error too, but in my case, when I try to use the Diagnostic Tool, always get an error "User do not exits" when he already exits on IMS Server and AD too. In addition, when I was setting up the Enterprise Repository (Active Directory) I typed the same user name used before and let me set it up but the Diagnostic tool seems to be failing.
      • jtoma
        jtoma
        655 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-26T02:23:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        This seems to indicate a problem with either the AD configuration or the VMM module in Websphere. I seems to remember an issue similar to this but am unable to find a record of it. Can you please try upgrading to the latest IMS fixpack and re-test?
  • Tukkata
    Tukkata
    81 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-22T09:00:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    If you can sign up user to use ISAM ESSO, ask the other admin to change the user role to administrator.
    This is may only interim to change user to administrator.