Hello Experts, I am in need of some information. I tried surfing web a while...no good answers to present.
I need all the differences between IBM infosphere DataStage and Information Builders iway DataMigration.
I need to present it to my client. I am not able to get some solid details where I can present it showing the differences.
Hope someone can help me out here.
I really appreciate your time.
Thank you for taking time to go through my post.
vmcburney 110000MJQJ34 Posts
Re: I need some information2013-01-17T01:25:02ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- SystemAdmin 110000D4XK
1) Massively scalable, probably one of the two best ETL tools on the market for parallel processing and handling very high volumes of data. There is a benchmark white paper out there on how it scales up to process terabytes of data an hour on a shared nothing parallel framework.
2) Intuitive user interface - Drag and drop Designer interface and huge range of integration stages, DataStage and Informatica PowerDesigner have been the top two ETL tools on the market for almost ten years according to Gartner ETL and Data Integration quadrants.
3) Handle wide range of data - most relational databases, XML data, mainframe files, delimited files, Hadoop file system, noSQL databases, most Data Warehouse appliances.
4) Industry leading metadata management - add on products for Glossary, profiling, data lineage, impact analysis, data mapping.
5) Wide range of deployment options: installs onto most platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mainframe), runs in different modes (batch, real time, SOA, trickle feed), performs processing on a dedicated server or in databases (ETL and ELT patterns).
6) Support network: one of the most popular ETL tools so has a big network of experts and IBM support behind it.
Certus Solutions Australia
ITToolbox Blogger: Tooling Around in the IBM InfoSphere