2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-17T02:31:37Z by lesleyajohnson76
lesleyajohnson76
lesleyajohnson76
119 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Print only select sections of a PO form

‏2013-01-14T16:49:27Z |
Hi,

On SCCD 7.5, I have created a custom PO form in the App Designer. I want to have certain sections of the overall form "greyed out" if a certain checkbox is not selected. I am working on the conditional expression for this, but my question is...When the customer goes to print the PO form and the section is "greyed out" is there a way to NOT have the "greyed out" sections print? In other words, can you customize what gets printed from a PO form and what does not?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge,

L. Johnson
Updated on 2013-01-17T02:31:37Z at 2013-01-17T02:31:37Z by lesleyajohnson76
  • SASHULL
    SASHULL
    184 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Print only select sections of a PO form

‏2013-01-16T00:05:20Z  in response to lesleyajohnson76
    I'm slightly confused by your question... I understand the making fields read only based on certain conditions, but are you asking for it to not print from a report or from the browser? If you're asking whether or not printing from the browser could not display those fields than the answer is no. Anything that's visible on the screen is printable. If you don't want to display anything, there's also a conditional ui property on controls where you can set the display property to false and then it won't render at all. This would then obviously NOT be printable.

If you want to modify the BIRT PO Details report, then yes you can selectively show/hide fields based on conditions. Most controls (if not all) have a visibility property in BIRT that you can associate a condition with that matches the conditions you're building in Conditional Expression Manager (please note that syntax is different, IE you can't say :status='APPR' you would have to either use a table binding value or a data set value and perform the check that way). If you have questions please let me know

Thanks,
    Steven
    • lesleyajohnson76
      lesleyajohnson76
      119 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Print only select sections of a PO form

‏2013-01-17T02:31:37Z  in response to SASHULL
      That answers my question. Thank you. I need to print the whole form from record view.

Lesley