Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-17T00:26:17Z by cwoliveira
sacrh
sacrh
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to get a document ID of a specific version given ID of latest version

‏2013-01-14T16:12:58Z |
I have a Document ID retrieved (of latest version) & shown using C# code. Using this document ID, how can I display,
1. all versions of this document
2. more importantly document ID of each specific version

The important is #2 above, showing not only the version info but the document ID of those specific versions. I am using the "version series" & "versions" object, to get the version info for that document. But was unable to retrieve the document ID for sepcific version.

Can anybody throw some light here.

Thanks
Updated on 2013-01-17T00:26:17Z at 2013-01-17T00:26:17Z by cwoliveira
  • sacrh
    sacrh
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to get a document ID of a specific version given ID of latest version

‏2013-01-14T20:02:27Z  in response to sacrh
    Was able to resolve this using IIndependentObjectSet.
  • cwoliveira
    cwoliveira
    31 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to get a document ID of a specific version given ID of latest version

‏2013-01-17T00:26:17Z  in response to sacrh
    Hi,

Take a look on this reference. Maybe it's helpful.

Working with Versioning-related Objects - Working with Versioning Properties
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/p8docs/v5r1m0/topic/com.ibm.p8.ce.dev.ce.doc/version_procedures.htm?path=11_2_3_11_1_5#ver_versioning_properties

It works with "IVersionable" interface that provides a "Id" property:

Content Engine API Properties Reference > Properties by class - Versionable Properties
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/p8docs/v5r1m0/topic/com.ibm.p8.ce.dev.prop.doc/props_Versionable.htm

Regards,

CW