Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-16T06:16:05Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1485 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WXS Silent Installation Issue?

‏2013-01-14T14:16:51Z |
Hi All,

I had performed a Silent installation of WXS 8.5.

But I missed to select the "Console Server Installation" during the generation of response file which was used for silent installation.

Now I want to add the "Console Server Installation" which I missed earlier. Can anyone let me know how this can be done?

Should I create a new response file containing those set of properties and then use update installation. Would this have any other repercussions on the environment?

Any quick help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Devendra
Updated on 2013-01-16T06:16:05Z at 2013-01-16T06:16:05Z by SystemAdmin
  • Art_Jolin
    Art_Jolin
    26 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WXS Silent Installation Issue?

‏2013-01-14T19:45:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I have not done updates using silent install but I have using graphical install. I have had to help customers add the console several times as an update and it worked fine. I think it very likely your plan would work fine, and my reading of the product doc says this is supported (meaning if you hit a bug with this you can get IBM help).
  • lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-14T20:23:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello! You can add a list of features that are separated by commas when doing a silent install.

IBMIM.exe install com.ibm.websphere.WXS.v85,xs.console.feature

That would install the server and the console. Try installing the xs.console.feature silently on your already existing install. It looks like you are using the response file, so put that in your xml.

Otherwise, go back and generate a new response file, and then run the silent install again.

The monitoring console isn't going to change any configuration you have setup, so I wouldn't worry about repercussions, but it's always a good idea to test it out on your own machine first.

• Lisa

Websphere eXtreme Scale Development
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1485 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-16T06:16:05Z  in response to lisaw
      Thanks @Art_Jolin and @lisaw for your reply.

Addition of "xs.console.feature" in the XML file & re installing solved the issue.

Thanks for your help.