Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-14T14:12:05Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
590 Posts

Pinned topic Liberty profile and resource adapters

‏2013-01-14T13:07:43Z |
Hi, this is probably a dumb question but I can't find anything on registering rar files as eci resource adapters or creating the j2c connection managers in Websphere liberty profile in eclipse.

I my case I need to use the cicseci.rar adapter but I am hitting a blank. I am using eclipse and NOT RAD.

Does anybody have any info?

Thanks a lot
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

Re: Liberty profile and resource adapters

‏2013-01-14T13:30:16Z  
    Hi,

The Liberty profile does not support resource adapters as it does not support the JCA specification. The full list of supported Java EE technologies for the Liberty profile is available in the product infocenter[1].

Thanks
    Alasdair

[1] http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/wsbroker/redirect?version=phil&product=was-base-dist&topic=rwlp_prog_model_support
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

‏2013-01-14T13:37:06Z  
    Thanks

Is it going to support JCA at some point?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

‏2013-01-14T14:12:05Z  
    Thanks

Is it going to support JCA at some point?
    I'm really sorry I can't provide details of future product plans until they have been announced.

As you can see from our current alpha program we are making enhancements to the Liberty profile and we are working on adding new capabilities based on feedback from our user community. JCA is a requirement we are aware of, however looking at the Request for Enhancement system it does not appear to have been raised formally yet. If JCA is something you really would like to see in the Liberty profile then please raise an RFE to lodge the requirement with us[1], it will help us to determine the appropriate priority for future work.

Thanks
    Alasdair

[1] http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=submitRfe&BRAND_ID=181&PROD_FAM_ID=262&PROD_ID=544&PRESELECT_DROPDOWNS=true