Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-21T20:49:23Z by meli
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
642 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic not starting

‏2013-01-14T06:40:58Z |
Hi all,
I have a problem with isa 4.1 on W7 64 bit: after installation, when I double click on the icon, I can see the splash screen and no more, it does not load.
I see from the filesystem that it creates its own working directories where I found logs and configuration files.
Increasing the verbosity to finest and executing isa with rcplauncher -console I can see only those exceptions:

(Severe)

Application error
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)

And some of missing bundles (warnings) like this:

Missing required bundle com.ibm.esupport.autopd1.doc_0.0.0.
What do you suggest? Any idea?

Thanks

Marco
Updated on 2013-01-21T20:51:33Z at 2013-01-21T20:51:33Z by SystemAdmin
  • RickyHolcomb
    RickyHolcomb
    304 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: not starting

‏2013-01-14T22:56:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello Marco,

Windows 7 Installation for IBM Support Assistant Workbench is tolerated on Windows 7 (32-bit only), but not officially supported

The IBM Support Assistant Workbench V4.1 must be installed using Administrator credentials on Windows 7. If the current user installing the workbench is part of the Administrator group the installer will ask for confirmation that you wish for the installer to make changes to the computer.

If the current user logged on is not part of the Administrator group a dialog is presented that allows for Administrator credentials to be entered. Again, the IBM Support Assistant Workbench must be installed using Administrator credentials on Windows 7.

If the currently logged on user is not part of the Administrator group, but is able to provide Administrator credentials and proceeds with the install the user must specify an install directory that the user has write access to (for example the user cannot specify Program Files). The install will fail if the user does not specify a directory that can be written to.

If the IBM Support Assistant Workbench is installed into the default location of Program Files fixpack updates will not install properly unless the workbench is launched with Administrator credentials. This is important to note, because even users that are part of the Administrator group must explicitly specify that they wish to invoke the workbench as Administrator. The only error given that a fixpack did not install properly is displayed in the error and trace logs.

A user logged on that is not part of the Administrator group will be prompted for Administrator credentials if they attempt to uninstall the workbench.

The IBM Support Assistant Workbench 4.1 icon is not removed after uninstall when the logged in user is not part of the Administrator group. However, the uninstall does appear to be successful.
  • RickyHolcomb
    RickyHolcomb
    304 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-14T22:57:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Note: You may want to try and start it by right clicking on the icon and chose "Run as Administrator".
    • meli
      meli
      53 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-15T15:21:25Z  in response to RickyHolcomb
      Can you also give us the exact version of ISA that you are using? There are many 4.1 versions. 4.1.1, 4.1.2, ...
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        642 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-16T15:07:28Z  in response to meli
        Hello,
        looking for the version, that is 4.1.3, I found this interesting log:

1355134260226;0;0;0;0;2;Partial installation and setup occurred.|Below are details about the features that failed to set up.|CWPPR0544W: Feature com.ibm.esupport.feature.platform_4.1.3.20120718-1715 failed to configure due to an unexpected exception.|-IBM Support Assistant Platform Feature (4.1.3.20120718-1715) requires feature "com.ibm.rcp.eclipse.platform.help.feature.securitypackpatch (6.2.0.20110912-0955)", or later version.|CWPPR0544W: Feature com.ibm.esupport.feature.product.SSLLVC41_4.1.0.090505 failed to configure due to an unexpected exception.|-IBM Support Assistant Product Feature (4.1.0.090505) requires feature "com.ibm.esupport.feature.platform (4.1.0)", or compatible.;
        Do you have any suggestion after looking at this?

Thanks

Marco
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          642 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T20:51:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I think you have a partial install and now there are some problems moving to the most recent version. Here is my suggestion.
          1. Uninstall what you have
          2. Remove the remaining files from your installation folder as well as from your data folder
          3. Re-install 4.1.2 and restart it. It will prompt you to install 4.1.4, once it detects new features on the update site
          4. Upgrade to 4.1.4
          5. You should be done. Just make sure the user under which installation is happening has the right permissions to write to your data folder.

Henri
          Updated on 2013-01-21T20:51:33Z at 2013-01-21T20:51:33Z by SystemAdmin
        • meli
          meli
          53 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T20:49:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I think you have a partial install and now there are some problems moving to the most recent version . Here is my suggestion
          1. Uninstall what you have
          2. Remove the remaining the remaining files from your installation folder as well as from your data folder
          3. Re-install ISA 4.1.2 and restart it. It will will prompt you 4.1.4 once it detects that there are updates to install
          4. Upgrade to ISA 4.1.4
          5. You should be done. Just make sure the user is the same throughout the installation process and has the right access/write permissions.

Henri