3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-25T04:30:10Z by kolban
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Export thr Table / coach data to excel

‏2013-01-11T17:56:02Z |
Hi there ,

I want to export the Table data to Excel.

I tried with the existing solutions which is provided by lombardi.

But it is not working Uniformly.

somtimes it wont work.

I cant use the fancy techniques because it is compulsary to use IE6.

please help me , as we are very close to UAT.
Updated on 2013-01-25T04:30:10Z at 2013-01-25T04:30:10Z by kolban
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Export thr Table / coach data to excel

‏2013-01-11T23:15:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I'll point you to the wiki page on how to best ask questions on this forum: http://bpmwiki.blueworkslive.com/display/commwiki/developerWorks+Forum

Several of the things listed there, like an example, the exact problem, and the product version would be helpful.

Also, Lombardi never provided a solution for exporting to excel (several toolkits and wiki articles did, but no Lombardi product ever did), so being very specific about what library you are using would help.

David
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Export thr Table / coach data to excel

‏2013-01-15T15:44:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    By far the easiest way to do this is to cheat. It turns out if you save an HTML table to a file and name the file something like "MyFileName.xls" if you give the user a link to it and they have MS Office installed, it will open up in excel and have all the data and formatting of your HTML table. I've generally used an XSLT to take the XML of a list of BO and convert them to an HTML table.

There are other more complex techniques, but that is the simplest "quick and dirty" approach.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com