Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-14T00:59:10Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
693 Posts

Pinned topic Custom Event Action programming

‏2013-01-11T17:09:22Z |
I am working with FileNet P8 5.1 and am currently trying to test development of custom EventActionHandler code. As a test I have added the sample code (JavaEventHandler.class) as a CodeModule via FEM and in a separate test (after removing the CodeModule) copied the sample code to the system class path (WAS).

Once the code was in place I attempted to create define Event Actions defined to use the sample code.

I was unable to complete the process of creating an Event Action in both cases.

I'm certain I have missed something simple but I have reviewed the documentation several times now and can't find the problem.

Any suggestions?
From the FEM trace:

2013-01-11T16:48:29.284Z 50965096 ENG FNRCV0010E - ERROR method name: validateEventHandler principal name: P8Admin Global Transaction: true User Transaction: false Exception Info: Unable to load event handler class from either associated code module or system classpath: JavaEventHandler.class.\ncom.filenet.api.exception.EngineRuntimeException: FNRCV0010E: EVENT_HANDLER_VALIDATION_FAILED: Unable to load event handler class from either associated code module or system classpath: JavaEventHandler.class. failedBatchItem=0 errorStack={\n at com.filenet.engine.queueitem.SubscriptionProcessor.validateEventHandler(SubscriptionProcessor.java:1043)\n at com.filenet.engine.queueitem.SubscriptionProcessor.validateEventActionHandler(SubscriptionProcessor.java:970)\n at com.filenet.engine.persist.ActionPersister.validateEventHandler(ActionPersister.java:218)\n at com.filenet.engine.persist.ActionPersister.preExecuteChange(ActionPersister.java:68)\n at com.filenet.engine.persist.IndependentPersister.executeChangeWork
Updated on 2013-01-14T00:59:10Z at 2013-01-14T00:59:10Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    693 Posts

Re: Custom Event Action programming

‏2013-01-14T00:59:10Z  
    When you specify your handler class name, are you by any chance including the ".class" suffix?