Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-17T18:46:32Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts

Pinned topic Usage statisics for Worklight applications.

‏2013-01-11T16:39:12Z |
Hello, I am a bit confused on how to keep track of application usage on worklight.

I am using the method WL.Client.logActivity and I have marked reports.exportRawData=true in worklight.properties. It seems to log activity usage (from what I can tell in Logcat) but I have no idea where so I cannot confirm if it is working correctly.

Could I get an explanation on how to keep track of app usage?
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts

Re: Usage statisics for Worklight applications.

‏2013-01-11T17:42:33Z  
    Hello.
    Have you read through module 44 - Reports and Analytics? Read it and perform the training exercise, then try it on your app.

ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/mobile-solutions/worklight/docs/v505/Module_44_-_Reports_and_Analytics.pdf

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-11T19:48:41Z  
    I've read the pdf already and it doesn't explain how to do anything, it essentially only says that it exists. I got more information from the information portal but even that wasn't much.
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    741 Posts

‏2013-01-13T06:24:11Z  
    Are you referring to this parent document and its child topics?
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wrklight/v5r0m5/topic/com.ibm.worklight.help.doc/admin/c_reports.html

In which step did you get stuck at? What have you done thus far?

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-14T18:18:14Z  
    • IdanAdar
    • ‏2013-01-13T06:23:39Z
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wrklight/v5r0m5/topic/com.ibm.worklight.help.doc/admin/c_reports.html

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    I was referring to the PDF which had only the parent topics. Thanks, this is what I needed.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-15T19:05:06Z  
    I was referring to the PDF which had only the parent topics. Thanks, this is what I needed.
    I still cannot seem to get the activity to log, I have attached a screenshot of logcat.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-17T15:31:33Z  
    • IdanAdar
    • ‏2013-01-13T06:23:39Z

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    It seems to be a local error, I'm not sure where exactly to look to solve this problem.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-17T18:46:32Z  
    It seems to be a local error, I'm not sure where exactly to look to solve this problem.
    I was able to log reports using the WL.Client.logActivity API on both iOS and Android without receiving the same error you did, so it is likely that you are correct that this is a local problem. Can you show me what the reports section in your worklight.properties file looks like? Heres mine:

####################################################################################################################### #        Raw reports ####################################################################################################################### reports.exportRawData=

true # # jndi name; empty value means Apache DBCP data source #wl.reports.db.jndi.name=$
    {wl.db.jndi.name
    } # Default values 

for DBCP connection pool #wl.reports.db.initialSize=$
    {wl.db.initialSize
    } #wl.reports.db.maxActive=$
    {wl.db.maxActive
    } #wl.reports.db.maxIdle=$
    {wl.db.maxIdle
    } #wl.reports.db.testOnBorrow=$
    {wl.db.testOnBorrow
    } wl.reports.db.type=MYSQL wl.reports.db.url=jdbc:mysql:
    //localhost:8889/wl_reports wl.reports.db.username=root wl.reports.db.password=root

If you are using SQL as I am, are you making sure to include the mysql connector jar in your server/lib folder? Are there any build errors when you run "Build All and Deploy"?