• 22 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-06T21:07:13Z by USDC_Cesar_Lino
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
56 Posts

Pinned topic Generic Cast Iron Community credentials

‏2013-01-11T15:14:03Z |
Hi,
In order for everyone to be able to access the Cast Iron TIPs, here are credentials you may use. This account is read only, so it means you won't be able to publish your TIPS.
User: readonly@castiron.com
Password: IBM4you!

Enjoy,
Magali
Updated on 2013-01-29T07:36:29Z at 2013-01-29T07:36:29Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    56 Posts

Re: Generic Cast Iron Community credentials

‏2013-01-24T06:03:33Z  
    Hi Magali,

Please let us know the CastIron url where the below mentioned credentials can be used to access the Cast Iron TIPS.

Regards,
    Swetha Rai
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    56 Posts

‏2013-01-24T08:24:46Z  
    Hi Magali,

Please let us know the CastIron url where the below mentioned credentials can be used to access the Cast Iron TIPS.

Regards,
    Swetha Rai
    Hi,
    The Cast Iron TIPs can only be accessed via Cast Iron Studio. You may have a look at this redbook http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg248004.html, chapter "7.5 Searching and downloading TIPs"
    Thanks,
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    56 Posts

‏2013-01-25T06:12:54Z  
    Hi,
    The Cast Iron TIPs can only be accessed via Cast Iron Studio. You may have a look at this redbook http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg248004.html, chapter "7.5 Searching and downloading TIPs"
    Thanks,
    Hi Magali,

As per the documentation, I tried to access TIPS via Studio-->Solutions-->Search for TIPS. But failed to login and throws Connection error as "Please verify connection information in Preferences-->Session-->Login URL".

While I am able to login to Cast Iron community http://community.castiron.com/ with my credentials where i can see the below,
    " To get access to TIPs and Plug-in connectors please open a PMR (Problem Management Records) with IBM Support via one of the following channels:

1) Log a PMR online on the IBM Support portal at http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Open_service_request/Softwar... "
    Please guide me in getting access to TIPs
    Thanks,
    Swetha Rai
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    56 Posts

‏2013-01-28T15:21:55Z  
    Hi,
    Thanks,
    Hi,
    Please note that the credentials have changed:
    User: TIPSreadonly

Regards,
    Magali
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    56 Posts

‏2013-01-29T07:36:29Z  
    Hi,

Regards,
    Magali
    Thanks Magali.This works
    Thanks,
    Swetha Rai
  • RichardAE
    RichardAE
    1 Post

‏2013-07-23T17:19:49Z  
    Hi,

Regards,
    Magali

Has this changed? I get "The Login Service could not be reached." I'm using https://ciapps.castiron.com/SSO for the URL.

• Katherine Sanders
    Katherine Sanders
    5 Posts

‏2013-07-24T10:42:33Z  
    • RichardAE
    • ‏2013-07-23T17:19:49Z

Has this changed? I get "The Login Service could not be reached." I'm using https://ciapps.castiron.com/SSO for the URL.

I just logged in with those credentials using Cast Iron Studio 6.3.0.1 and the URL https://ciapps.castiron.com/SSO, so it's working now.  Please try again, and if it's still not working check if you need to enter proxy details in Edit > Preferences > Session Login.

• SwethaRai
    SwethaRai
    7 Posts

‏2013-09-10T07:03:23Z  

I just logged in with those credentials using Cast Iron Studio 6.3.0.1 and the URL https://ciapps.castiron.com/SSO, so it's working now.  Please try again, and if it's still not working check if you need to enter proxy details in Edit > Preferences > Session Login.

Hi,

Could you please let me know if these credentials have been changed to login via Studio to Download TIPS. 

I just tried this login and got a message 'Username/Password is invalid' ( FYI - Proxy is correctly been set)

User: TIPSreadonly , Password: IBM4you!

Thanks,

Swetha Rai

• Katherine Sanders
    Katherine Sanders
    5 Posts

‏2013-09-10T10:28:54Z  
    • SwethaRai
    • ‏2013-09-10T07:03:23Z

Hi,

Could you please let me know if these credentials have been changed to login via Studio to Download TIPS. 

I just tried this login and got a message 'Username/Password is invalid' ( FYI - Proxy is correctly been set)

User: TIPSreadonly , Password: IBM4you!

Thanks,

Swetha Rai

Please see the post above, you should be using these details:

I've just tested in Studio 6.4.0.1 and they work.

• SwethaRai
    SwethaRai
    7 Posts

‏2013-09-10T10:35:46Z  

Please see the post above, you should be using these details:

I've just tested in Studio 6.4.0.1 and they work.

Hi Katherine,

I just tried the same from Studio 6.3.0.1 and see the same message  ''username or password in invalid"

Am I missing anything here?

FYI : I was initially able to login using  User: TIPSreadonly , Password: IBM4you! which is not working now

Thanks,

Swetha Rai

• Katherine Sanders
    Katherine Sanders
    5 Posts

‏2013-09-10T10:45:13Z  
    • SwethaRai
    • ‏2013-09-10T10:35:46Z

Hi Katherine,

I just tried the same from Studio 6.3.0.1 and see the same message  ''username or password in invalid"

FYI : I was initially able to login using  User: TIPSreadonly , Password: IBM4you! which is not working now

Thanks,

Swetha Rai

I think the old details you were using have been changed to the ones in this thread now.

I've just tested and the new credentials work in Studio 6.3.0.1 for me as well.  I suggest you open an IBM support request to determine why you cannot connect.

• SwethaRai
    SwethaRai
    7 Posts

‏2013-09-10T10:57:12Z  
    • SwethaRai
    • ‏2013-09-10T10:35:46Z

Hi Katherine,

Thanks,

Swetha Rai

Hi,

Have you provided any proxy details in Edit -->Preferences-->Session Login

What is the URL provided there?

Thanks,

swetha Rai

• SwethaRai
    SwethaRai
    7 Posts

‏2013-09-16T09:56:41Z  
    • SwethaRai
    • ‏2013-09-10T10:57:12Z

Hi,

Have you provided any proxy details in Edit -->Preferences-->Session Login

What is the URL provided there?

Thanks,

swetha Rai

Hi,

Please let me know if you have provided any proxy details in Studio for Successful login to TIPS?

Thanks,

Swetha Rai

• BharathiManian
    BharathiManian
    2 Posts

‏2013-09-25T10:18:08Z  
    • SwethaRai
    • ‏2013-09-16T09:56:41Z

Hi,

Please let me know if you have provided any proxy details in Studio for Successful login to TIPS?

Thanks,

Swetha Rai

Proxy settings need not be set. Ensure that in Preferences->Session Login -> Server Name/IP address

URL should have the value --> https://ciapps.castiron.com/SSO

• SwethaRai
    SwethaRai
    7 Posts

‏2013-10-04T07:31:30Z  

Proxy settings need not be set. Ensure that in Preferences->Session Login -> Server Name/IP address

URL should have the value --> https://ciapps.castiron.com/SSO

I am not able to login even with this setup :( . Not sure what I am missing here

1. Preferences->Session Login-->Server Name/IP address -->URL :  https://ciapps.castiron.com/SSO

2. No other proxy settings

Any browser settings?

Thanks,

Swetha Rai

Thanks,

Swetha Rai

• BharathiManian
    BharathiManian
    2 Posts

‏2013-10-08T05:49:47Z  
    • SwethaRai
    • ‏2013-10-04T07:31:30Z

I am not able to login even with this setup :( . Not sure what I am missing here

1. Preferences->Session Login-->Server Name/IP address -->URL :  https://ciapps.castiron.com/SSO

2. No other proxy settings

Any browser settings?

Thanks,

Swetha Rai

Thanks,

Swetha Rai

Hi Swetha,

No browser settings are needed.Could you check the error.log file under the studio installation folder.Check if there are any exceptions in the timeframe you are trying to connect to the TIPs repository?

Thanks,

Bharathi

• SwethaRai
    SwethaRai
    7 Posts

‏2013-12-24T08:57:18Z  

Hi Swetha,

No browser settings are needed.Could you check the error.log file under the studio installation folder.Check if there are any exceptions in the timeframe you are trying to connect to the TIPs repository?

Thanks,

Bharathi

Hi,

Could you please let me know what is the latest readonly login credentials for this?

• SwethaRai
    SwethaRai
    7 Posts

‏2013-12-24T10:16:30Z  
    • SwethaRai
    • ‏2013-12-24T08:57:18Z

Hi,

Could you please let me know what is the latest readonly login credentials for this?

Bharati,

Below is the Error thrown

Credentials:

javax.security.sasl.AuthenticationException: The username or password is invalid.
     at com.approuter.module.session.impl.DefaultAuthenticaterCallback.handleException(DefaultAuthenticaterCallback.java:165)
     at com.approuter.module.session.impl.CloudAuthenticaterCallback.authenticate(CloudAuthenticaterCallback.java:120)
     at com.approuter.module.session.impl.LoginDialog$AuthenticateRunnableTask.run(LoginDialog.java:140)
     at com.approuter.studio.gui.DefaultRunnableTaskBusyView$1.construct(DefaultRunnableTaskBusyView.java:71)
     at com.approuter.framework.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:171)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:738)

• XBBM_Prinu_Nazeem
    XBBM_Prinu_Nazeem
    1 Post

‏2013-12-27T06:36:01Z  
    • SwethaRai
    • ‏2013-12-24T10:16:30Z

Bharati,

Below is the Error thrown

Credentials:

javax.security.sasl.AuthenticationException: The username or password is invalid.
     at com.approuter.module.session.impl.DefaultAuthenticaterCallback.handleException(DefaultAuthenticaterCallback.java:165)
     at com.approuter.module.session.impl.CloudAuthenticaterCallback.authenticate(CloudAuthenticaterCallback.java:120)
     at com.approuter.module.session.impl.LoginDialog$AuthenticateRunnableTask.run(LoginDialog.java:140)
     at com.approuter.studio.gui.DefaultRunnableTaskBusyView$1.construct(DefaultRunnableTaskBusyView.java:71)
     at com.approuter.framework.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:171)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:738)

I'm getting error stating the "The Username or Password is invalid". i've tried with both readonly@castiron.com
    and TIPSreadonly. Unfortunately both of them are not working. Please suggest any solution

• jainnitin10
    jainnitin10
    1 Post

‏2014-01-03T13:56:51Z  

I'm getting error stating the "The Username or Password is invalid". i've tried with both readonly@castiron.com
    and TIPSreadonly. Unfortunately both of them are not working. Please suggest any solution

Can you please URL please..might be an extra space would be there in the end?

• ClaytonFSMarques
    ClaytonFSMarques
    1 Post

‏2014-02-03T13:38:07Z  

Same problem here ...

I've reproduced the same steps and I've gotten the same errors 

And .... I'm using version 7

• USDC_Cesar_Lino
    USDC_Cesar_Lino
    4 Posts

‏2014-02-06T21:07:13Z  

Same problem here ...

I've reproduced the same steps and I've gotten the same errors 

And .... I'm using version 7

I'm getting credentials invalid on Studio 7.0. I tried both readonly@castiron.com and TIPSreadonly, they did not work.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Cesar Lino