5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-08T07:42:10Z by kacper-kurowski
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
847 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic KDE gateway and agent deployment: addSystem updateAgent

‏2013-01-11T14:26:58Z |
Hello,

I would like to have agents connected to Hub TEMS through Remote TEMS and KDE gateway.
I will have agent depot on RTEMS.
Will it be possible to do remote agent installation (tacmd addSystem) and upgrade (tacmd updateAgent) for that systems behind KDE gateway? What kind of traffic I need to open?
RTEMS -> agent
or
RTEMS -> KDE gw -> agent
or maybe sth else?

Thanks for help!
Updated on 2013-01-15T14:59:07Z at 2013-01-15T14:59:07Z by dirkw
  • dirkw
    dirkw
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: KDE gateway and agent deployment: addSystem updateAgent

‏2013-01-11T14:51:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The addSystem and updateAgent commands use the already installed OS agent on the target platform to deploy/update an agent. These deployments use the 'standard' TEMS to OS Agent communications and hence should work across a KDE Gateway architecture.
    If you want to deploy a new OS agent to a server (createNode), the TEMS will logon to the server to deply the OS Agent (using any of the support protocols - smb|ssh|rexec|rsh), hence KDE Gateway will not support this - you will have to open the port for the protocol you want to use across a firewall.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      847 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-11T14:54:55Z  in response to dirkw
      So - if I understand correctly - no additional traffic is required. Everything will go through existing channel - through KDE gateway.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        847 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-15T14:50:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        In case of updateAgent ;)

And for historical data collection - will it also go smoothly through KDE gateway to RTEMS (if data collection is configured on TEMS)?
        • dirkw
          dirkw
          8 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-15T14:59:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I understand from the above that your RTEMS is in the 'secure' network zone, so if you configured data collection at the TEMS, then the TEMS will use 'standard protocols' to collect history data.
          However, we do not recommend history collection at the TEMS - better to collect at the Agent - which means you will have to add the WPA traffic to your KDE Gateway definitions as a separate 'service', next to the TEMS traffic.
  • kacper-kurowski
    kacper-kurowski
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-08T07:42:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin

I would like to confirm that we have tested and updated of agent located behind KDE works fine. Moreover it is possible to install additional agent to the server which is located behind KDE