5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-17T00:30:53Z by DP_KumarP
DP_KumarP
DP_KumarP
17 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Default XML Manager

‏2013-01-11T00:20:08Z |
Hi,

Need a clarification in regards to default xml manager.

In our environment(SVP)we have created a custom application domain and a custom XML manager for the same domain.

All the services are configured in that custom application domain and it uses the custom XML manager(not default XML Manager).

During some test run i noticed that in the "HTTP Connection Statistic" even the default XML manager getting requests. I can confirm no objects(WSP or MPGW)are hooked to the default XML manager in that application domain.

So wondering what work is the default XML manager doing in that application domain?

Would really appreciate if anybody clarify my doubt..

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Kumar
Updated on 2013-01-17T00:30:53Z at 2013-01-17T00:30:53Z by DP_KumarP
  • swlinn
    swlinn
    1344 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Default XML Manager

‏2013-01-14T17:01:32Z  in response to DP_KumarP
    Are you using MQ? Queue Manager Objects also refer to an xml manager.

Regards,
    Steve
    • DP_KumarP
      DP_KumarP
      17 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-15T00:35:48Z  in response to swlinn
      Hi Steve,

Yes we have Queue Manager Objects defined and they point to specific XML Manager but not to the default XML Manager.
      Regards,
      Kumar
      • swlinn
        swlinn
        1344 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-15T03:45:51Z  in response to DP_KumarP
        Hi Kumar,
        I assume you'd done an export and you don't see any references to the default xml manager? If so, all I can think of is there are some implicit usages of the default XML manager, but I don't have insight as to what that would be. This just goes to show though that you should NEVER change the default XML manager as those changes could be applicable in places where you don't expect them. Perhaps Hermann can look at the DP code to give some clues here???

Regards,
        Steve
        • HermannSW
          HermannSW
          4239 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-15T13:26:52Z  in response to swlinn
          I looked up the box configuration, and internal stuff (Webgui, Probe, ...) uses internal (invisible) XML managers.

I logged on two of my boxes and see only 0 entries for default XML manager.

You should just look how long you have to wait for a change in HTTP Connection Status for default XML manager.
          Let's say it changes every three minutes, then just take a packet capture for 3:30min, or have extensive logging in order to identify all transactions in that time.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>
          • DP_KumarP
            DP_KumarP
            17 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-17T00:30:53Z  in response to HermannSW
            Hi Hermann,

Thanks for your reply. Will try the Packet Capture.

I checked the complete Application Domain but nowhere i can see any objects making any reference to the Default XML Manager.

We have the WSM Agent enabled on that Application Domain..Will that be accessing the Default XML Manager along with other XML Managers?
            Regards,
            Kumar