Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-15T14:48:29Z by barrettj
ddougherty
ddougherty
21 Posts

Pinned topic Reports using 505

‏2013-01-10T21:50:10Z |
Hi....

I have WL running on Liberty and have BIRT setup on Tomcat. (The Birt sample viewer works).

I'm using MySql and let the IM install generate the rptdesign files. Copied these to tomcat.

I can only get the device_cout report to work.

Here are the results for various URLs:

This is in the infocenter -http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wrklight/v5r0m5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.worklight.help.doc%2Fadmin%2Ft_using_predefined_birt_reports.html

http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=.rptdesign
The report file : C:\Netshare\Apache\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\webapps\birt/.rptdesign does not exist or contains errors.
org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: The report file : C:\Netshare\Apache\apache-tomcat-6.0.35\webapps\birt/.rptdesign does not exist or contains errors.

I would think you need a specific report name or a masking character - is this a doc error?

So hitting the report names one by one:

http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=report_active_users.rptdesign
SQL error #1:Table 'worklight.app_activity_report' doesn't exist ; com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'worklight.app_activity_report' doesn't exist (Element ID:20)

Is this because this report is deprecated ?

http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=report_daily_hits.rptdesign
http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=report_daily_visits.rptdesign
These two give me a popup with a dropdown for app version but the dropdown is empty

http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=report_environment_usage.rptdesign
This one is a popup asking for app name but dropdown is empty

http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=report_license_total_device_count.rptdesign
This works - returns a title and data when I hit the app from the emulator

http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=report_notification_messages_per_day.rptdesign
http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=report_notification_messages_per_source.rptdesign
These return no title header but a date line e.g. Jan 10,2013 3:44 PM

Anyone have any success getting this going?

thanks much,
dave
  • barrettj
    barrettj
    7 Posts

    Re: Reports using 505

    ‏2013-01-11T15:17:20Z  
    Hi Dave,

    Given this error: :Table 'worklight.app_activity_report' doesn't exist ; com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'worklight.app_activity_report' doesn't exist (Element ID:20)
    It sounds like the BIRT reports are going to the wrong database.

    The APP_ACTIVITY_REPORT table does still exist in 505. However, the default installation puts it in the database WLREPORT. You may need to change the datasource in the BIRT reports to refer to that database.

    Changing the datasources is described here: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wrklight/v5r0m5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.worklight.help.doc%2Fadmin%2Fc_reports.html

    You can also edit the datasource within Eclipse in the Report editor.

    I hope that helps.
  • ddougherty
    ddougherty
    21 Posts

    Re: Reports using 505

    ‏2013-01-11T19:46:44Z  
    The datasources were generated by the install, but I double checked and they are identical to the report that works. I found a problem in the active user report - the query looked like this:

    from WORKLIGHT.APP_ACTIVITY_REPORT]]></xml-property>

    once I removed the 'WORKLIGHT', this report works.

    Regarding the empty drop downs, you have to hit the server with an emulator or device, browser access does not generate any stats.

    All of these reports work.
  • barrettj
    barrettj
    7 Posts

    Re: Reports using 505

    ‏2013-01-15T14:48:29Z  
    Dave,

    Thanks for the update. I've opened an internal defect to get this fixed in a future release.