Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-26T23:03:33Z by lisaw
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1485 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to get basecache template statistics from wxs

‏2013-01-10T21:32:54Z |
Hi

When using default dynacache cache provider with websphere commerce, I use wsadmin jython scripts + mbean stats to see cache template statistics under the baseCache instance.

We are now using ExtremeScale 7.1 and moved baseCache instance there.
I believe we have also augmented deployment manager profile (WAS ND v7) to recognize WXS.

Under PMI stats for a server in the cluster, I can see "ObjectGrid Maps" and something called "IBM_DC_PARTITION_baseCache"
However, I only see map stats (rate, entries, hits etc). Are cache template statistics available and can they be accessed via wsadmin scripts using mbean?
Updated on 2013-02-26T23:03:33Z at 2013-02-26T23:03:33Z by lisaw
  • lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to get basecache template statistics from wxs

‏2013-01-14T19:51:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello Charek, you may have gotten this answer already but I'd like to post some info and a question for you as well.

The eXtreme Scale Monitoring Console for v8.5 and later has some dynacache statistics capability. Which statistics are you looking for in particular?

• Lisa

Websphere eXtreme Scale Development
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1485 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-21T21:36:24Z  in response to lisaw
      Hello Lisa,
      from my screenshot (cachemonitor.jpg), we see overall stats for the baseCache instance. But we have a need to dig deeper and find out what templates/cache entries are actually being hit/missed.

So I wrote a jython wsadmin script (basecache.jy) get the breakdown of cache hits and misses according to templates defined for basecache.

And I get this output (basecacheByTemplate.jpg) which adds up.

However, when WXS is the cache provider, this script cannot find 'Servlet: baseCache' anymore.
      Does WXS PMI have access to template statistics for a cache instance? Because from the available ObjectGrid PMI, I didn't see anything to do with templates.

Thanks
      • lisaw
        lisaw
        101 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-26T23:03:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        So, an example you might want to check out if you wish to find the statistics via wsadmin and a jython script would be this
        https://github.com/kelapure/dynacache/blob/master/scripts/DynaCacheStatisticsCSV.py
        I'm not extremely familiar with this script but wanted to point you to it and see if you can use it's functionality.

CacheHits and CacheMisses are coming from the WAS application server itself, the rest of the statistics is has would be global. Check that script for how you would grab statistics from baseCache appropriately. I believe it will find WXS as the cacheType then this this will work for you.

The monitoring console is still your best bet for as time goes forward we will be putting even more functionality and statistics into it, but since you are still on WXS 7.1, I see why you would try going this route. Hopefully this helps you get stats for WXS baseCache.

• Lisa

Websphere eXtreme Scale Development