Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-15T15:06:45Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
300 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic URL for the app center client?

‏2013-01-10T19:39:03Z |
I'm distributing my application through App Center, and I release a new version of my app. At some point I will want to go into the Worklight console and disable the old version.

Is there any URL I can put in the Worklight console, so that when the user clicks on the Upgrade button that gets shown when the user tries to launch the disabled version of the app, it will launch the AppCenter Client?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: URL for the app center client?

‏2013-01-14T10:12:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello David,

May be i am wrong, but it seems you confuse the worklight console with the application center console, and the application center console tool is aimed to perform tasks about applications availability.

From a browser, you can reach the application center console with an URL such as :
    http://host:port/ApplicationCenter/applications/Applications.html

From there, once you are logged in and according to your user administrative rights (defined by your app center administrator), you should be able to make deprecated versions accessible or not.

Also please refer to the application center documentation available at :

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wrklight/v5r0m5/index.jsp

Hope this will help

Jean-Michel.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      300 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-14T14:54:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Jean-Michel:

I'm looking at a scenario where I would be using both the Application Center and the Worklight Console.

Using the Application Center console, I will deploy the application and updates to the application.

Using the Worklight console, I will manage the application lifecycle. At the point where I no longer wish to support back version clients, I will disable those back versions in the Worklight console.

If my app were deployed to a public store like itunes or google play, when I disable an old version of the app in the Worklight Console, I can provide a URL that will take the end user right to the store when they try to launch the app version that I am disabling.

I was wondering if there was any way to get the equivalent functionality when my app is being distributed via AppCenter.

The AppCenter URL seems to be just for administration. I'm looking for a URL that will take the user to somewhere where they can install the Application update that I have deployed to AppCenter.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-15T15:06:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The application center console and worklight console for a specific application have nothing related with each other and i am not aware of any mean available on the worklight console for entering the kind of URL you mention.

In fact, the feature you are looking for is currently not supported.

I hope this clarifies.

Jean-Michel.