I installed a WL Server v5.0.5 using Installation Manager GUI.
As runtime environment I have a pre-installed WAS-ND v8.0 Full Profile.
Before launching the installation I configured a couple of target AppServers (server1-server2) as part of a WAS Cluster "clusterWL".
The Application Server properties panel does not show as available target the "clusterWL".
I can only select one of the individual AppServers belonging to my cell topology.
The IM installation process completed successfully, but I found the following errors in the install.log:
java java echo ADMA5033E: The target server server1 specified for worklight.war+WEB-INF/web.xml is a part of cluster clusterWL, but cluster clusterWL is not specified in the list of targets.
java java echo ADMA5011I: The cleanup of the temp directory for application IBM_Worklight_Console is complete.
java java echo ADMA5014E: The installation of application IBM_Worklight_Console failed.
I see similar messages also for the IBM_Application_Center module.
Then I manually installed the two missing war modules on the target cluster and everything seems to work fine.
Can someone confirm that this was enough for fixing the installation ? Did I miss something else ?
NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
This topic has been locked.
2 replies Latest Post - 2013-01-11T13:05:10Z by SystemAdmin
Pinned topic WL 5.0.5 installation on WAS-ND cluster
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
slowhand 110000R3FM35 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: WL 5.0.5 installation on WAS-ND cluster2013-01-10T20:36:34Z in response to SystemAdmin> I installed a WL Server v5.0.5 using Installation Manager GUI.
> The Application Server properties panel does not show as available target the "clusterWL".
> I can only select one of the individual AppServers belonging to my cell topology.
Yes, the 5.0.5 installer installs Worklight into a single server, in a single node, only.
It does not offer the choice to install into an entire cluster automatically.
For this case, you have to use a manual setup, using information from the
Troubleshooting section of the documentation.
> Then I manually installed the two missing war modules on the target cluster and everything seems to work fine.
Good. I would also verify that
- the custom properties worklight.home and android.aapt are defined for each server, in "Application servers > server > Process definition > Java Virtual Machin > Custom properties",
- the custom property com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokeFlushAfterService is defined for each server, in "Application Servers > server > Web container > Custom properties",
- the scope of the "JDBC providers > Worklight JDBC Provider" is your cluster,
- the scope of the "Data sources > Worklight database", "Data sources > Worklight reports database", " Data sources > Application Center database" is your cluster,
- for each of the installed applications, the "Class loader > Class loader order" is set to "parent last" (the default is "parent first"!),
- for each of the modules in each of the installed applications, the "Class loader order" is set to "parent last".
Then there's a good chance that everything works.