Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-21T14:58:58Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5507 Posts

Pinned topic RPT from command line : how to check the schedule progress in real-time

‏2013-01-10T15:02:00Z |
Hi,

I am kicking off the run using the RPT command line tools (cmdline.sh).

Does anyone know how to check the progress of the schedule or test during the run ? As mentioned in the documentation, while the process is going, I have create another workspace and imported the project through that workspace but I can't still see the report data in real-time.

Any idea why it's not working ?

Thanks,

Mirco
Updated on 2013-01-21T14:58:58Z at 2013-01-21T14:58:58Z by SystemAdmin
  • petersda
    petersda
    376 Posts

Re: RPT from command line : how to check the schedule progress in real-time

‏2013-01-15T13:10:50Z  
    When you say you cannot see the report data in real time what do you mean by that? The documentation says you need to "refresh" the report as you go to see the data. If you do this, do you see the updated report?

One other thing you might want to try is in 8.3 we have the new web reports that allow you to connect from an external browser. I have not used these with command line, but it might give you what you want. You will have to explicitly go in and enable them.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5507 Posts

Re: RPT from command line : how to check the schedule progress in real-time

‏2013-01-21T14:58:58Z  
    • petersda
    • ‏2013-01-15T13:10:50Z
    When you say you cannot see the report data in real time what do you mean by that? The documentation says you need to "refresh" the report as you go to see the data. If you do this, do you see the updated report?

One other thing you might want to try is in 8.3 we have the new web reports that allow you to connect from an external browser. I have not used these with command line, but it might give you what you want. You will have to explicitly go in and enable them.
    Hi and thanks for answering.

I can't move to the version 8.3 as the script are now based on the version 8.2.1.5 and we can't migrate them. I will consider it for future implementations when we move to 8.3 .

The problem I am facing at the moment is about the graph - this is step-by-step what I am doing from command line

1. login to RTC (using scm tool)
    2. load stram (using scm tool)
    3. create a workspace and importing the project (using the CDT tool)
    4. kickoff the run thru the cmline.sh script as following : ./cmdline.sh -workspace /opt/repo -project Web -eclipsehome /opt/IBM/SDP -plugins /opt/IBM/IBMIMShared/plugins -schedule Schedules/IC4.5

Usually the run takes about 5 days to be completed therefore in the meantime I would like to see the graph and interact with the report in realtime (using my appropriate filters) - In the docuemntation there is written that it is possible just creating a new workspace and importing the project previously created from command line (step n. 3) - I have done it but nothing happen and can't see the graph ..

any idea about what I am missing ?

Thanks,