Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
No replies
RaviM
RaviM
55 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Errors when TRACE enabled while parsing a xml string returned by GetHTTP

‏2013-01-09T16:23:27Z |
Impact 5.1.1 on Solaris

I am using the the functions provided by Blankenship (http://lists.netcoolusers.org/archives/users/2010-August/058427.html) to parse XML string. The end result of parsing is correct. I was troubleshooting another issue with Impact code and had increased the logging level to TRACE in $NCHOME/eWAS/properties/log4j.properties. I noticed this error everytime the evaluate method was called. I used the same exact policy example policy as listed on the posting and see the error.

09 Jan 2013 11:10:55,163 TRACE ParserUtils Error invoking method: public java.lang.String org.apache.xpath.jaxp.XPathExpressionImpl.evaluate(java.lang.Object) throws javax.xml.xpath.XPathExpressionException
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor29.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
09 Jan 2013 11:10:55,167 TRACE ParserUtils Error invoking method: public java.lang.Object org.apache.xpath.jaxp.XPathExpressionImpl.evaluate(org.xml.sax.InputSource,javax.xml.namespace.QName) throws javax.xml.xpath.XPathExpressionException
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.ClassCastException@6fec9818
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor30.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.micromuse.common.parser.internal.core.ParserUtils$1.invoke(ParserUtils.java:76)

I have the following in log4j.properties
log4j.category.com.micromuse=TRACE,NETCOOL,NETCOOL-ERRORS
instead of
log4j.category.com.ibm.tivoli=INFO,NETCOOL,NETCOOL-ERRORS

Any idea if this is something I should be concerned about and how to fix this?

Thanks
Ravi