Topic
  • No replies
RaviM
RaviM
55 Posts

Pinned topic Errors when TRACE enabled while parsing a xml string returned by GetHTTP

‏2013-01-09T16:23:27Z |
Impact 5.1.1 on Solaris

I am using the the functions provided by Blankenship (http://lists.netcoolusers.org/archives/users/2010-August/058427.html) to parse XML string. The end result of parsing is correct. I was troubleshooting another issue with Impact code and had increased the logging level to TRACE in $NCHOME/eWAS/properties/log4j.properties. I noticed this error everytime the evaluate method was called. I used the same exact policy example policy as listed on the posting and see the error.

09 Jan 2013 11:10:55,163 TRACE ParserUtils Error invoking method: public java.lang.String org.apache.xpath.jaxp.XPathExpressionImpl.evaluate(java.lang.Object) throws javax.xml.xpath.XPathExpressionException
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor29.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
09 Jan 2013 11:10:55,167 TRACE ParserUtils Error invoking method: public java.lang.Object org.apache.xpath.jaxp.XPathExpressionImpl.evaluate(org.xml.sax.InputSource,javax.xml.namespace.QName) throws javax.xml.xpath.XPathExpressionException
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.ClassCastException@6fec9818
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor30.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.micromuse.common.parser.internal.core.ParserUtils$1.invoke(ParserUtils.java:76)

I have the following in log4j.properties
log4j.category.com.micromuse=TRACE,NETCOOL,NETCOOL-ERRORS
instead of
log4j.category.com.ibm.tivoli=INFO,NETCOOL,NETCOOL-ERRORS

Any idea if this is something I should be concerned about and how to fix this?

Thanks
Ravi