Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-15T08:23:25Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
172 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic KPI Information on TBSM

‏2013-01-09T15:29:16Z |
Hi Team,

I need to show external datasource KPI information on TBSM dashboard.
Could someone please guide me how to proceed on it.
Do I need to create template and service instances?

I have already added the datasource and I have queries also to take out the particular KPI information. for eg: Router.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Avinash
Updated on 2013-02-15T08:23:25Z at 2013-02-15T08:23:25Z by SystemAdmin
  • dmcclure
    dmcclure
    54 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: KPI Information on TBSM

‏2013-01-09T16:34:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I recommend creating a template library that will be used to organize the collection of your metrics/KPIs.

For example:

CiscoRouters (Library Template - organizes functional templates)
    -->Cat6500_Availability (Metric Template)
    -->Cat6500_Performance (Metric Template)
    |--->Link Latency (Metric Rule) <-- data fetcher <-- data source <-- sourceDB
    |--->Link Packet Loss (Metric Rule)
    |--->CPU Utilization (Metric Rule)
    |--->Memory Utilization (Metric Rule)

Each template represents how you want to organize metric collection. This could be by technology type, functional role, vendor/model, etc.

Then you can create metric templates by additional classifications such as availability, performance, capacity, user experience, etc.

Each functional metric template would then have the incoming status - metric rules needed to extract the desired metrics from your data source / data fetcher, event, etc.

Then all you need to do is tag the appropriate instances with the metric template and ensure that the identification fields are properly set for metric extraction.

Now you can easily add the metric to a scorecard, chart, widget, etc. within TBSM. I'm pretty sure this topic is documented very well in the manuals or on the wikis.

HTH,

Doug
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      172 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-07T10:20:56Z  in response to dmcclure
      Hello Doug,

Below mentioned is my requireent.

I have datafetcher created, and I am pulling out following columns from it.
      1) Router Name
      2) IP Address
      3) CPU Utilization
      4) Memory Utilization
      5) Response time.

I dont have any templates for network device, request you to help on this.
      As this is first time I am coming across showing of KPI information on dashbaords from external datasources.

Regards,
      Avi
      • gulfsoft
        gulfsoft
        10 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-07T16:20:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Avi, you should really read the TBSM Scenarios Guide, which walks you through this process step-by-step.

Here's the link to all TBSM documentation, where you can choose your specific version:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/tivolidoccentral/Tivoli+Business+Service+Manager

And here's the link to the 6.1 Scenarios Guide:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.tivoli.itbsm.doc_6.1/scenarios_guide_ic.html

Frank

We can make Tivoli software work for you!
        www.gulfsoft.com
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          172 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-15T08:23:25Z  in response to gulfsoft
          KPI information shown using TBSM Charts.

Thank you everyone.

Regards,
          Avinash