Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-01-09T15:03:40Z by mburati
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9029 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to parse byte array to an XML??

‏2013-01-09T11:47:02Z |
Can anybody suggest an idea about how to parse byte array to an XML? Since XML takes everything in String form, I require it to be passed in byte array form??
Updated on 2013-01-09T15:03:40Z at 2013-01-09T15:03:40Z by mburati
  • mburati
    mburati
    2553 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to parse byte array to an XML??

‏2013-01-09T15:03:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Assuming you're using WEF (which this forum is for), then you likely want to use the following to parse XML when it's coming from something other than a String:

com.bowstreet.util.XmlUtil.parseXml(Reader input);

For example, from a file where you know you have UTF-8 encoded XML, you could do something like this:

in = 

new FileInputStream(fileName); Reader reader = 

new InputStreamReader(in, 
    "UTF-8"); IXml val = XmlUtil.parseXml( reader );

If you already have a byte[] of UTF-8 encoded characters, then it might look something like this (just typing this off the top of my head - haven't tried compiling it to make sure the syntax is exact and exceptions handled etc). Basically you want to get what you have into a Reader and then use the parseXml call that takes a reader.

in = 

new ByteArrayInputStream(bytes); reader = 

new InputStreamReader(in, 
    "UTF-8"); IXml val = XmlUtil.parseXml( reader );

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.