vishalendu
vishalendu
57 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Problem in migrating Performance Tests from RPT 8.2.1.1 to 8.3.0.1

‏2013-01-09T11:22:51Z |
Source OS: WIN 2003 R2 (Standard x64)
Target OS: WIN XP SP3

I have some RPT (8.2.1.1) Performance Tests recorded using https protocol on FF12. All of these tests are running properly in source environment.

I have installed RPT 8.3 and applied FP1 (on a separate machine). On this machine when I
1) Copy the whole Workspace (from source env) and try to open in RPT 8.3.0.1
OR
2) Export to Archive file (from source env) and import in RPT 8.3.0.1

RPT now tries to migrate the scripts to the latest version. Post that, I change the classpath to correct any external dependency.
Finally when I try to build the project, I am getting the following three errors all over the place:

a) The constructor For(IContainer, String, String, int, int, int, int, int, boolean) is undefined

b) The constructor HTTPRequest(String, String, String, boolean, String, IRequestHeader[], int, int, boolean, HTTPPostData, IBasicAuthentication, IConnectionRecord, HTTPAction, String, String, String, boolean) is undefined

c) The constructor HTTPRequest(String, String, String, boolean, String, IRequestHeader[], int, int, boolean, null, IBasicAuthentication, IConnectionRecord, HTTPAction, String, String, String, boolean) is undefined

Obvious conclusion being constructors dont exist any more. Is this expected, or am I missing something here.

Please let me know if any solutions already exists, otherwise I am going to scratch the plan of moving to 8.3 for now, and probably log a PMR for the same.

Thanks,
Vishalendu
Updated on 2013-03-15T06:30:18Z at 2013-03-15T06:30:18Z by BhadraBheemireddy
  • vishalendu
    vishalendu
    57 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problem in migrating Performance Tests from RPT 8.2.1.1 to 8.3.0.1

‏2013-01-10T10:27:42Z  in response to vishalendu
    Has anyone faced this issue? It would be very helpful if someone can reply...
    Otherwise, I probably will need to log a PMR for this.

Thanks,
    Vishalendu
    • petersda
      petersda
      374 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-10T13:42:59Z  in response to vishalendu
      The problem is you have old generated java in your src directory. The easiest way to fix this is to run a test in that project. That will remove all the old generated java and the compiler errors will go away.

Your second option is to go into the src directory and manually remove all the generated java. However.... if you have custom code you want to be careful to not remove that.

A final way to work around this is to export test assets with dependency from your 8.2.1.1 workspace (do NOT export the src). Import your tests assets with dependencies into a brand new project and you will not have those compile errors.
      • vishalendu
        vishalendu
        57 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-15T06:47:52Z  in response to petersda
        Thanks for the quick reply, I just exported/imported the project using "Test Assets with Dependencies". Since old src was not there in the exported file, just adding external dependency jars etc. seems to have fixed the issue. New code is generated on first execution.

One question however is, if I update from 8.2 to 8.3, is this an expected scenario. Shouldn't the process where the scripts are updated to the latest version take care of any old/depricated src code etc?
        (I had expected that the Project->Clean or Project->Build would generate new src code and then compile the same.)

Thanks,
        Vishalendu

Note: before posting here, I had figured out that deleting the test related src files fixed the issue. But I was concerned as this didnt seem the way to go.
        • petersda
          petersda
          374 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-15T13:02:20Z  in response to vishalendu
          Removing the old src does happen automatically at the first test/schedule invocation, but not before that. In reality those errors are harmless in the meantime since you are not running anything. I believe there is an RFE to take care of this src sooner, but as of yet this has not been done.
  • BhadraBheemireddy
    BhadraBheemireddy
    13 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T06:30:18Z  in response to vishalendu
    You can run scripts that contain custom code from previous releases and edit tests to make new calls to old or new custom code classes.
    About this task

You can perform the following tasks without any additional steps:

Run a script that contains custom code that was created in a previous release.
    Edit a test to make a new call to an old custom code class.
    Add new custom code to a test that contains old custom code.

To edit a class in existing custom code so that it can call new TestExecutionServices methods, type cast the IKlog argument in the old custom code to the ITestExecutionServices interface.

it may helps to u