2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-14T12:31:40Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
68 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Tivoli FastBack server

‏2013-01-09T07:15:36Z |
Hello,

I have a requirement in TSM for one of our clients. Our client requirement is to maintain data on both on-site and remote-site through WAN. I have some queries regarding this issue, please help me in this.

Is it possible to replicate data from one fastback server to another fastback server without using DRHUB server. If possible can you please send the process in doing that.
Thanks & Regards
Prashanth Chawla
Updated on 2013-02-14T12:31:40Z at 2013-02-14T12:31:40Z by SystemAdmin
  • MichaelSternberg
    MichaelSternberg
    24 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Tivoli FastBack server

‏2013-01-09T13:58:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Prashanth,

FastBack supports two types of replication:
    1. Replication of local FB Server repository into FTP Server
    2. Replication of local FB Server repository into TSM Server

In both cases replication can be encrypted and compressed using abilities of FTP/TSM Server. In second case transferred data can be also deduplicated, that is, if some chunk was already transferred over wire to TSM Server it will be not transferred again.

In both cases you have to install DR Hub Server module on Windows machine at remote side. Role of DR Hub Server is to make repository on remote site to be consistent. That is, during restore from remote repository only completely replicated backups will be available for restore.

Pay attention that DR Hub Server module does not requires any additional storage attached to it's machine, it just manipulates the data in remote repository.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      68 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Tivoli FastBack server

‏2013-02-14T12:31:40Z  in response to MichaelSternberg
      Hello Sir,
      Our Client want to replicate there both server(production and remote). I have query regarding is it possible to start the remote server automatically when our production server crash.

Sir do you have pdf and nodes for FastBackup Server regading it's implemention and how to construct our hole scenrio on production. If you have then send me on my email id: prashanth.c@niharinfo.com(India)