Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-09T16:19:31Z by Rizwan.Kaif
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
658 Posts

Pinned topic Preview Data

‏2013-01-09T06:33:42Z |
When i open a already developed process ,i am not able to see anything under preview data and variables.For FTP server and as well as local desktop does that source file need to be available on one of the drives?but for some processes i could able to preview data and variables.What is the reason,could gurus elaborate,please.Thanks
Updated on 2013-01-09T16:19:31Z at 2013-01-09T16:19:31Z by Rizwan.Kaif
  • Rizwan.Kaif
    Rizwan.Kaif
    197 Posts

Re: Preview Data

‏2013-01-09T14:38:30Z  
    I am assuming you are using TEXT data type as a data source Tab.

In the case of Text files, if you cant see the data in the preview then there could be a couple of reasons. First check the path and file name in the Data Source Name and *Data Source Name on the Server *

Also check if you have Read Access rights on the source text file.

Last point (although its not related to your issue), if we have got a text file open in Excel and then if we try to execute the TI process we will get error "Unable to read the data source". This is because Excel puts a Read lock on the file and you will have to close the file in Excel so that the Read lock is released.

Cheers!
    Rizwan Kaif
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

‏2013-01-09T15:24:57Z  
    I am assuming you are using TEXT data type as a data source Tab.

In the case of Text files, if you cant see the data in the preview then there could be a couple of reasons. First check the path and file name in the Data Source Name and *Data Source Name on the Server *

Also check if you have Read Access rights on the source text file.

Last point (although its not related to your issue), if we have got a text file open in Excel and then if we try to execute the TI process we will get error "Unable to read the data source". This is because Excel puts a Read lock on the file and you will have to close the file in Excel so that the Read lock is released.

Cheers!
    Rizwan Kaif
    Thanks for your reply,I am still unable to get it,sorry for my dumbness,for example i have source file on my desktop and i have read access still when i am trying to open already developed processes the preview and variables are blank,could it be the reason i have copied my friends data directory and created a new server,but the source files are the same.Could you please help.Thanks
  • Rizwan.Kaif
    Rizwan.Kaif
    197 Posts

‏2013-01-09T16:19:31Z  
    Thanks for your reply,I am still unable to get it,sorry for my dumbness,for example i have source file on my desktop and i have read access still when i am trying to open already developed processes the preview and variables are blank,could it be the reason i have copied my friends data directory and created a new server,but the source files are the same.Could you please help.Thanks
    I can not think of anything else right now which could cause this issue.

Post the screenshots of the TI-Data tab and the screenshot of the Windows Explorer showing the file and its path.