Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-13T16:29:27Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5507 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Higher Average Response times for simple navigation pages

‏2013-01-08T22:48:17Z |
I am using Rational Performance Test to perform non-functional testing for web based application.
Version of the RPT: 8.2.1.3
I have a question for Average Response Time.

Question 1)
When i perform some navigation tasks on application, (clicking links to visit other pages) it takes about 2-3 seconds but when i perform the same scenario in RPT, it gives average response of more than 10 seconds.

Question 2) While running above scenario multiple times, it has been noticed Average Response Time given by RPT is not always consistent. Sometimes it would be 10 seconds and for other run it would be 4 seconds.

Why SI main menu which is a simple page has high Average Response time which is 105 seconds, but when tried to run the test again Average Reponse time was .7 seconds as shown below
Updated on 2013-02-13T16:29:27Z at 2013-02-13T16:29:27Z by SystemAdmin
  • petersda
    petersda
    374 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Higher Average Response times for simple navigation pages

‏2013-01-15T13:15:25Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    8.2.1.3 is not the latest released fixpack for 8.2.1. I believe 8.2.1.5 is. You should definitely upgrade to that.

One reason why you could see reponse times that are different is because when you recorded your test you went very fast and did not wait for the page to fully load. This will cause more than one page to be combined and you will have what should be "think" time included as delay time on various requests. Try looking at the delays on the requests on your page and see if any are abnormally big and skewing your page response time.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      5507 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Higher Average Response times for simple navigation pages

‏2013-02-13T16:29:27Z  in response to petersda
      Thanks for the reply.
      But to me this issue is not related to upgrade.
      I reduced HTTP delay and Think time to improve the average response time.
      It significantly improved but still way too higher.

I am still not getting why logon when performed manually is taking 2-3 seconds but when RPT is showing average response time for that as 10 seconds.