• 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-12T13:27:13Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts

Pinned topic Making memo field larger

‏2013-01-08T22:27:19Z |
Hello,

we are working with Tivoli Service Request Manager 7.2 and we rely heavily on the workflow functionality to manage the service request process. A common request made by our users is to provide a memo field larger so that it is possible to provide more information for subsequent workflow steps.

Any ideas on how to achieve it?

Thank you.
Updated on 2013-03-12T13:27:13Z at 2013-03-12T13:27:13Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: Making memo field larger

‏2013-01-09T04:04:02Z  
    By "make it larger" I assume that when they're typing into the field, they aren't allowed to type more than a certain number of characters.

For that, you'll need to to into DBConfiguration and increase the size of the WFTRANSACTION.MEMO field.

That should do it.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-01-09T14:06:45Z  
    By "make it larger" I assume that when they're typing into the field, they aren't allowed to type more than a certain number of characters.

For that, you'll need to to into DBConfiguration and increase the size of the WFTRANSACTION.MEMO field.

That should do it.
    Thank you for your response. I changed the memo field as you said, but it does not reflect when entering data into the field. Maybe should I redeploy the EAR file or make some other action for this change to take effect?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-01-09T14:14:12Z  
    Thank you for your response. I changed the memo field as you said, but it does not reflect when entering data into the field. Maybe should I redeploy the EAR file or make some other action for this change to take effect?
    Obviously, I did not undertand your advice. I went directly into the database and change the column using SQL. Now I used the attributes tab under the DBConfig section in maximo to make the changes. However, the change did not take effect either. Any ideas?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-01-09T18:33:59Z  
    Obviously, I did not undertand your advice. I went directly into the database and change the column using SQL. Now I used the attributes tab under the DBConfig section in maximo to make the changes. However, the change did not take effect either. Any ideas?
    Another thing I fortgot was putting maximo in admin mode so that the changes being applied could be persisted to the database. Once I did so, it worked as expected. Thank you.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-01-16T19:33:45Z  
    What we did in our work request application was to add a larger sized input field and then attach the long description attribute to it. So, instead of clicking on the long description icon to write and view the text, it's in a decent sized box right on the input screen (see attached).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-01-16T22:34:06Z  
    What we did in our work request application was to add a larger sized input field and then attach the long description attribute to it. So, instead of clicking on the long description icon to write and view the text, it's in a decent sized box right on the input screen (see attached).
    Thank you Melissa for your response. Your suggestion is what I actually want: not only the ability to write more characters but to see a larger field. Unfortunately, my current maximo knowledge is very limited and I don't know how to get to that customization level.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-03-12T13:27:13Z  
    you can do these from application designer using e from libraray using multilinetextbox like these <multilinetextbox dataattribute="MEMO" id="completewf_t3"/>