Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-09T19:15:25Z by swlinn
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic What are all the values for the type attribute of the dp:param element?

‏2013-01-08T21:23:11Z |
Where can I find a list of all of the values for the "type" attribute of the dp:param element?

That is, where can I find any docs/references related to it?
Updated on 2013-01-09T19:15:25Z at 2013-01-09T19:15:25Z by swlinn
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4488 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: What are all the values for the type attribute of the dp:param element?

‏2013-01-09T09:46:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Joseph,

> Where can I find a list of all of the values for the "type" attribute of the dp:param element?
    >
    you can find all the types in "store:///xml-mgmt-base.xsd".

> That is, where can I find any docs/references related to it?
    >
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wsdatap/v5r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dp.xs.doc%2Fextensionfunctions233.htm

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6772 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-09T18:19:03Z  in response to HermannSW
      Well, the extension docs say the value must be "dmString" and that's all. We all know this isn't true. I realize now, though, there's no reasonable way to provide full documentation for this.

The "store:///xml-mgmt-base.xsd" and "store:///xml-mgmt.xsd" answered most of what I was looking for.

I also learned there was a "markup" attribute for the "description" element under dp:param. It can be "html", and I suspect that's the only alternative to the default.

What I started out looking for was the attribute to use, if any, to help define a reference to a document, in the same way choosing the XSL Stylesheet for the transform action shows it.
      • swlinn
        swlinn
        1346 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-09T19:15:25Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        What I've been told is that dmString is the only documented type as it is the only supported type. Granted, I'm sure the other types in the xsd are used by the web-gui for configuration purposes, but without knowing the other elements of the dp:param associated with the type, you can't really use it as you've found out. The fact that these are not supported would allow the web-gui to change without concern of impacting anyone using a supported type. I'd recommend opening a request for enhancement to document (and thus support) the additional types. I think it is a valid RFE, particularly when you have a stylesheet that you want to parametrize, for example a parameter that is either a file on the file system or an object that can be dynamically specified on an extension function (SSL Proxy Profile comes to mind), but I'm sure there are other use cases. The link to the RFE site is http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/?PROD_ID=577. The more customer requests for a particular enhancement, the better the chance it gets moved up in the product roadmap.

Best Regards,
        Steve