Topic
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-08T19:29:33Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6184 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to exempt a single segment from output card?

‏2013-01-08T16:48:54Z |
Still awaiting WTX training, and I don't know what I'm doing, so... bear with me.

I have an existing map (developed by some contractor I no longer have access to). The output card has a segment within it I need to remove from the output. The input card does not contain this segment, so I suspect it's presence is causing it to be inserted. Note that I don't know enough to even understand how it is writing this particular segment to the output card. There are many, many, other segments present in the output card that it doesn't create within the output, but I'm hoping I can skip that particular lesson right now, if possible.

The segment is part of the HL7 spec, so I'm pretty sure removing the segment from the type tree is not the right way to go.

How can I remove just one segment from the output card?
Updated on 2013-01-08T19:29:33Z at 2013-01-08T19:29:33Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to exempt a single segment from output card?

‏2013-01-08T17:13:39Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Find the segment in the output that contains one or more map rules. It may be in the execution map or the functional maps. You may have to open a number of FMaps to find where it is populated.
    Starting with the lowest level FMap where the segment elements contain map rules, delete the map rules within the segment or the elements within the segment.
    Collapse the segment tree if necessary and enter "=NONE" in the target segment as the map rule.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6184 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T17:22:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      See the picture.

You can see the PV1_LOOP_Netsmart on the right. That's the one I need to simply remove. It won't let me enter "=NONE" into the rule for that one. I suspect it is because of the rule at R01. If I remove that one and just drag over the MSH, PID, NTE and ORC, will it still do the R01 loop?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        6184 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T17:49:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        You need to go into the functional map, ORU_R01_LabCorp_To_Netsmart, and remove the PV1_Loop map rule there.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          6184 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T18:08:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          OK... I had to drive down into 2 functional maps, and I'm now at the hard-coded output (See pic... and this now explains how it is getting in there). Again, I can't seem to simply put in "=NONE" at the PV1_LOOP_Netsmart" level.

Should I remove all the lower-level rules for all the PV1 Segment elements?
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            6184 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T18:13:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            OK.. I see you already answered that question. Is there a faster way than going one at a time?
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              6184 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T19:11:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              You can select all the map rules in a segment by selecting the first map rule, depressing the shift key, and clicking on the last map rule in the segment. You can then delete all at once by right clicking and selecting Delete.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T19:29:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Thanks for your help. Was a bit scared about "Delete", as it wasn't clear what I was deleting. Had it said something less destructive, like "Delete Rule", it would have been more friendly.