• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-19T10:42:07Z by mgk
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
4179 Posts

Pinned topic Strange Databse Access Error

‏2013-01-08T15:51:23Z |
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and to WebSphere Message Broker. What I need to do is create a service that reads/writes stuff from/to a database that is accessed via ODBC. Service itself works fine (is invokable).
I have created a local ODBC connection 'SQL_DB' with NT authentication. This form of authentication is a must due to policy where I work. Now I added the connection to the broker using the mqsi console with

mqsisetdbparms MB7BROKER -n SQL_DB -u dummy -p dummy

Reason for 'dummy' is that, again, NT authentication is desired. Result message says its fine. If I test this with

mqsicvp MB7BROKER -n SQL_DB

everything works fine, I get something like (freely translated from German) 'Connected with data source SQL_DB ... ' and my NT credentials, as desired. Now I set this connection name as data source in my message flow. Accessing the message flow returns error

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON

to the service. I get this no matter if I actually try to access the DB, just from specifying the data source in the flow and invoking it via service call.

To you experts out there, why does the mqsicvp test succeed but the usage in the flow fails?

• MB is version 7
  • OS is XP (please don't sigh)
  • DB is SQL Server, driver version is 3.85.1132

Any help appreciated.

Izzy
Updated on 2013-01-19T10:42:07Z at 2013-01-19T10:42:07Z by mgk
  • fjb_saper
    fjb_saper
    125 Posts

Re: Strange Databse Access Error

‏2013-01-14T20:44:20Z  
    Apparently you are trying to access the DB with the ANONYMOUS account of NT. I doubt very much that this was your original intent. Go fix this!
  • mgk
    mgk
    35 Posts

‏2013-01-17T22:19:40Z  
    "To you experts out there, why does the mqsicvp test succeed but the usage in the flow fails?"

Well have you checked that the service userid for the Broker is the same as the one used for mqsicvp and has authority to access SQLServer?

Kind regards,
    MGK
  • fjb_saper
    fjb_saper
    125 Posts

‏2013-01-18T14:32:01Z  
    • mgk
    • ‏2013-01-17T22:19:40Z
    "To you experts out there, why does the mqsicvp test succeed but the usage in the flow fails?"

Well have you checked that the service userid for the Broker is the same as the one used for mqsicvp and has authority to access SQLServer?

Kind regards,
    MGK
    So you said you need NT authentication.
    Why did you not set the corresponding NT account when using mqsisetdbparms?
    like Domain\account and corresponding password ?
  • mgk
    mgk
    35 Posts

‏2013-01-19T10:42:07Z  
    • fjb_saper
    • ‏2013-01-18T14:32:01Z
    So you said you need NT authentication.
    Why did you not set the corresponding NT account when using mqsisetdbparms?
    like Domain\account and corresponding password ?
    "Why did you not set the corresponding NT account when using mqsisetdbparms?
    like Domain\account and corresponding password ?"

He did not set it because Integrated Windows Authentication for SQLServer does not work like that :-).

It uses the credentials of the thread (or process) which is making the access request - in this case the broker service id so mqsisetdbparms is not needed in this scenario.