3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-09T10:55:18Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Process HTTP Errors option- Advanced Proxy settings for WSP

‏2013-01-08T11:16:12Z |
Hi,

I am configuring a new web service proxy and was exploring in advanced proxy settings. But I am not able to understand what is the purpose of Process HTTP Errors option i.e. what will happen if we turn it OFf or ON.

I am very new to datapower, kindly help me whatever information you have

Updated on 2013-01-09T10:55:18Z at 2013-01-09T10:55:18Z by SystemAdmin
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    2817 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Process HTTP Errors option- Advanced Proxy settings for WSP

‏2013-01-08T15:37:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    From WebGUI online help:

Process HTTP Errors

In some cases, the backend server returns a response code that indicates an error.
    When enabled, the default, the service ignores the error condition and processes the response rule. If successful, returns the successful response to the client.
    When disabled, the DataPower service notices the error condition and processes the error rule. If successful, propagates the response code from the backend server to the client.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>
  • swlinn
    swlinn
    1327 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T15:39:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The "Process backend errors" property will configure how your service will behave if you get a backend error, say a HTTP 404 or HTTP 500. When process backend errors is enabled, you are indicating that DataPower will effectively ignore those errors, returning any response to your response rule. If you want to see what the backend response code was and take your own action (eg, a dp:reject to stop processing), you can use dp:response-header('x-dp-response-code'). If this property is disabled, any unsuccessful response code will drive your error rule immediately and no response rule processing will be initiated.

Regards,
    Steve
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6772 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-09T10:55:18Z  in response to swlinn
      Thanks Steve..Nicely explained.that really helped.