Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-08T08:25:03Z by SystemAdmin
Roshi
Roshi
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic CR transition from one life cycleA to another life cycleB

‏2013-01-08T04:43:33Z |
I am new to Rational Change and appriciate your help.

Working on the CR transition life cycle.
How to do a CR transition from State1 in LifecycleA to State2 in LifecycleB

In LifecycleA:
step1: From State:
step2: To Lifecycle: ( when i select life cycleB it alerts me to select copy as "From State". if i select i cannot see any transition as "copy to life cycleA to life cycleB)
step3:To State:

Please help me how to do this?

~Roh
Updated on 2013-01-08T08:25:03Z at 2013-01-08T08:25:03Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    111 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: CR transition from one life cycleA to another life cycleB

‏2013-01-08T08:05:58Z  in response to Roshi
    Hello Roh,

Life cycles are completely independent from another. There is no possibility to transfer a CR from life cycle A to life cycle B.
    So, as the alert suggests, the only thing you can do is to have one CR of life cycle A and create a copy of this CR which starts in any state of life cycle B. The old CR will continue to exist in life cycle A. The new CR has its independent life.

To create a copy transition, proceed as you did, but in step 1 use From State: "COPY". This From state should always exist - unless something is very wrong in your installation. step 2: select life cycle B (should now be possible without alert). step 3: select the initial / starting state of the copied CR.

In the copy dialog that you define afterwards, you can state which attributes shall be copied to the new CR (checkbox "inherit value")

hope this helps,
    Mike
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    111 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: CR transition from one life cycleA to another life cycleB

‏2013-01-08T08:25:03Z  in response to Roshi
    Reading your next post about child CR: when your goal is not to have an independent copy of the original CR but a parent / child relationship, this is also a way to connect life cycles:

First create an attribute of type CCM_RELATION.

As brewer9 explained in http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14926260, you should add this attribute to all appropriate dialogs of life cycle A.

Then define the COPY transition as stated above, but additionally in the field "Copy relation" select the relation attribute.

Hope this helps,
    Mike