Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-22T15:46:52Z by tmparker
george.baker
george.baker
335 Posts

Pinned topic Macro - pause on inputs

‏2013-01-08T04:23:15Z |
The macro documentation states that after each <prompt> or <input> the process will pause 1/2 the pausetime unless it is the last action in the list. Prompts do not submit a host AID key where an <input> very likely can.

Why is there any pause for a <prompt>?

What exposures would there be if the pause value was zero (0)?
Updated on 2013-01-22T15:46:52Z at 2013-01-22T15:46:52Z by tmparker
  • tmparker
    tmparker
    534 Posts

Re: Macro - pause on inputs

‏2013-01-22T15:46:52Z  
    I can't say why there is a pause time for a prompt other than I would imagine we are treating that as an input where data is being placed on the host screen. Setting the pause time to zero may not be a problem but I personally think it's risky if you have numerous input actions in a macro. I prefer to still do at least a 10 or 20 millisecond pause just to make sure the system has time to process the keys that are sent to the host. This is based on past experience when I used to test this kind of code in HOD. I found that in some cases when I did many input actions with no delay it could flood the host system and get it stuck in a permanent busy state. You can recover from this when sitting in front of the green screen but in a macro it would be a big problem. That's just my opinion.

Thanks
    Tim