IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-10T20:33:36Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts

Pinned topic Adding dijit.form.Form to Worklight App. causes numerous 404 Errors

‏2013-01-07T20:22:26Z |
Hello,

I am using Worklight 5.0.5 and would like to use a dijit.form.Form widget within my app.

When I try adding a dijit.form.Form (This is done by dragging from the Palette view and dropping onto my design view.), build all and deploy the app, and then try to view the common browser version of it in a chromium browser, I get the following errors displayed in the console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://localhost:8080/apps/services/preview/tempApp/common/0/default/dijit/themes/dijit.css
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://localhost:8080/apps/services/preview/tempApp/common/0/default/dijit/themes/claro/claro.css
wlclient init started worklight.js:1097
before: app init onSuccess worklight.js:1097
after: app init onSuccess worklight.js:1097
wlclient init success worklight.js:1097
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://localhost:8080/apps/services/preview/tempApp/common/0/default/dijit/form/Form.js
Error
dojo.js:26
e.uid dojo.js:26

I am developing within eclipse indigo Version: 3.7.2 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Attached is the html for the test project after adding the form. The only other changed I noticed is the addition of "dijit/form/Form" in the require of the dojoInit method within js/tempApp.js.

Any advice?

Note: In build-dojo.xml, Adding <include name="dijit/**"/> within the <patternset id="dojo.resources.loose-modules"> element does seemingly fix the problem. But from prior experiences this can cause more damage farther down the road and is not an ideal solution.

Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

Re: Adding dijit.form.Form to Worklight App. causes numerous 404 Errors

‏2013-01-08T19:29:52Z  
    Where did you find dijit.form.Form in the Palette? I don't see it, and I wouldn't expect to since its not a mobile widget.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-10T19:09:17Z  
    Where did you find dijit.form.Form in the Palette? I don't see it, and I wouldn't expect to since its not a mobile widget.
    You can add more classes into the Palette by following these steps:
    Right click white space in Palette View
    Click Customize
    Uncheck the hide box for everything you want to add.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-10T19:31:15Z  
    You can add more classes into the Palette by following these steps:
    Right click white space in Palette View
    Click Customize
    Uncheck the hide box for everything you want to add.
    OK, so I would expect you would have to modify dojo-build the way you did. Since form isn't a mobile widget, you are going to have to bring in a lot of things that aren't part of the normal build profile.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-10T20:03:05Z  
    OK, so I would expect you would have to modify dojo-build the way you did. Since form isn't a mobile widget, you are going to have to bring in a lot of things that aren't part of the normal build profile.
    Thank you for the response!

Do you know of any documentation on the correct way to add new widgets to this build script?

Thanks!
    Corbyn Salisbury
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2013-01-10T20:33:36Z  
    Thank you for the response!

Do you know of any documentation on the correct way to add new widgets to this build script?

Thanks!
    Corbyn Salisbury
    I'm not aware of anything beyond:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wrklight/v5r0m5/topic/com.ibm.worklight.help.doc/devref/c_anatomy_of_an_ibm_worklight_ap.html

which uses an example of the charting widget.