Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
No replies
george.baker
george.baker
314 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Documentaion error

‏2013-01-07T18:28:56Z |
In doing research for a project that will be using Tn3270e with contention resolution I ran across the following in the HATS v75 Advanced Macro guide --> timing issues --> Macro timing and delay characteristics. The information is the same in v8.5

The elements and attributes discussed in 

this chapter are:   pausetime attribute of the <HAScript> element pause attribute of the <screen> element <pause> element, which can appear along with other actions inside the <actions> element ignorepauseforenhancedtn attribute of the <HAScript> element ignorepauseoverrideforenhancedtn attribute of the <pause> element delayifnotenhancedtn attribute of the <HAScript> element

ignorepauseoverrideforenhancedtn=true/

false   The ignorepauseoverrideforenhancedtn attribute of the <pause> element, when set to 

true in a particular <pause> element, causes the macro runtime to process that <pause> element (wait 

for the specified number of milliseconds) even 

if the ignorepauseforenhancedtn attribute is set to 

true in the <HAScript> element.   Set 

this attribute to 

true in a <pause> element 

if you want the <pause> element always to be performed, not skipped, even in a contention-resolution environment with the ignorepauseforenhancedtn attribute set to 

true in the <HAScript> element.

I took this as gospel, but I later took a look at the detail for the <pause> element and found:

<pause> element   The <pause> element waits 

for the specified number of milliseconds (see Pause action (<pause> element)). Attributes   value Optional integer. The number of milliseconds to wait. If you 

do not specify 

this attribute then the Macro object will add the attribute 
"value=10000" (10 seconds) to the element when it saves the script. ignorepauseoverride Optional 

boolean (the 

default is 

false). For 3270 Display sessions only. Setting 

this attribute to 

true causes the macro runtime to process the <pause> element even 

if the ignorepauseforenhancedtn attribute of the <HAScript> element is set to 

true (see Attributes that deal with screen completion).

At this point I am assuming that the <pause> element has the correct information. The HOD documentation has it that way.
I'm not sure how the HATS documentation got it messed up.