• Latest Post - ‏2013-01-26T23:52:49Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
28 Posts

Pinned topic License of Capacity Planner for System p

‏2013-01-07T16:38:14Z |
Hello.

Please let me ask a question.

I think ITM base license includes System p Agent such as CEC, VIOS agents. And it also includes TCR even though we need to download sample reports for sytem p from the ISM Library site.

If I want to use the new capacity planner feature for system p in next version of ITM for VE, do I need to purchase ITM for VE license for all monitored LPARs and VIOSs ? or ITM base license covers the new capacity planner feature ?
Updated on 2013-01-26T23:52:49Z at 2013-01-26T23:52:49Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    28 Posts

Re: License of Capacity Planner for System p

‏2013-01-26T23:52:49Z  
    There are 4 agents HMC Base, VIOS Premium, Unix (AIX) OS and Linux OS agents providing metrics for the PowerVM Capacity Planner function that will be part of ITM for Virtual Environments (ITMfVE) next release. Customers will be required to purchase ITMfVE entitlement for these agents for each LPAR managed by the new PowerVM Capacity Planner function even if they already have entitlement via ITM to these agents on the LPAR's.

Customers who purchase entitlement to these 4 agents as part of ITMfVE support of PowerVM Capacity Planner are not entitled to use these agents in the traditional ITM manor. That means if these customers wishes to use the full function of the agents beyond their use with ITMfVE Power Capacity Planner customers would be required to purchase an ITM license to use the traditional ITM functions in these agents.