2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-23T00:33:05Z by pdubovitsky
thalapathi
thalapathi
62 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Limiting users to connect to Clearquest database

‏2013-01-07T15:48:00Z |
Hi All,

I need to change the code page on the schema repository and sync it to multiple sites. I am interested to prevent the users logging to CQ during this change.

Is it possible to run installutil codepageutil, installutil setdbcodepage, multiutil sync jobs after shutting down the flexlm server?

Is there any way for the DBA's to limit the no of concurrent users connecting to the Clearquest database?
Cheers,
Jose
Updated on 2013-01-23T00:33:05Z at 2013-01-23T00:33:05Z by pdubovitsky
  • Leesa_Hicks
    Leesa_Hicks
    269 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Limiting users to connect to Clearquest database

‏2013-01-22T19:40:26Z  in response to thalapathi
    I don't know what backend database you are using, but we take our SQL Server CQ databases offline for users by changing the dbowner password, then taking the database offline and back online. Then we back up the databases that will be modified prior to making any changes, of course.

Then you can update any needed db connection(s) and the user database connection password to access the databases to perform the necessary maintenance. Users are locked out. Then do the procedure again to reset the dbowner password back to the production password.

Leesa Hicks
    Principal Engineer
    Tektronix Instruments
    • pdubovitsky
      pdubovitsky
      376 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Limiting users to connect to Clearquest database

‏2013-01-23T00:33:05Z  in response to Leesa_Hicks
      If password policy is set on the database account, these users will lock it out by unsuccessful login attempts.

Pavel