8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-01T03:18:27Z by RavikanthChavali
gb12345
gb12345
31 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Does LPEX online syntax check support PLI macros

‏2013-01-07T14:20:56Z |
Hello,

does the lpex online syntax check support pli macros?
We go always the error "misplaced construct(s)" in the editor, when we use statements like

$DLI(400,'ISRT',IO_PCB_PTR,MYI#2AO,MODN=FMT_OWN,)
$SFR(ACCEPT=' ',,)

Do we need to do some configuration in the property groups to support pli macros?

Thanks
Updated on 2013-02-15T13:54:35Z at 2013-02-15T13:54:35Z by gb12345
  • walexand
    walexand
    98 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Does LPEX online syntax check support PLI macros

‏2013-01-07T15:20:11Z  in response to gb12345
    Hello,
    Preprocessor support can be configured on the Editor Configuration page in your Property Group.

Here is a helpful topic in the RDz documentation:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/ratdevz/v8r5/topic/com.ibm.etools.rdz.language.editors.doc/topics/czpreprocessorover.html

There is also short demo of this functionality (the second half shows a PL/I example) on the IBM Education Assistant, located here:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/rtnv1r0/topic/com.ibm.iea.rdz/rdz/8.0.3z/EditorsEnhancements/RDz_v803_PreprocessorIntegration/rdz_v803_preprocessorintegration_viewlet_swf.html?dmuid=20111020075458189020
    • RavikanthChavali
      RavikanthChavali
      15 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-01T03:18:27Z  in response to walexand

Thank you! for the link to the demo; a sample rexx would have been very helpful too.

• gb12345
    gb12345
    31 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T10:18:49Z  in response to gb12345
    Hello,

the PLI-Compiler supports PLI-Macros with the compiler option PP(MACROS), so there is no need of a preprocessor.

Georg
    • walexand
      walexand
      98 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-16T12:10:10Z  in response to gb12345
      Hello,
      in the documentation I referenced is the following Note:
      In the PL/I Editor, after local preprocessors are invoked, the PL/I macro preprocessor is invoked if either the MACRO or PP compiler option is specified. These options can be specified in the property group or PROCESS statement in the program.

Even if you have no other local preprocessors configured, can you please try including MACRO in the compiler options field of your property group and using the editor menu action Identify Using Configured Preprocessor?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1086 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-16T17:53:36Z  in response to gb12345
    There are several methods of syntax checking your program. The remote syntax check and local syntax check actions both support proper identification of MACRO syntax errors. These actions must be run manually to update the problem annotations.

The editors also contain a real-time syntax checking routine that when enabled (it is enabled by default) will identify syntax errors in your program. This real-time syntax checking routine does not support proper identification of MACRO syntax errors, but it does support the identification of errors within the post-processed PL/I code by using the preprocessor integration feature mentioned in Bill Alexander's comment.

Note that without using the preprocesor integration feature, the real-time syntax checking routine for PL/I may report problems found due to the presence of MACRO statements it does not understand. This may prevent the parser from successfully initializing and may prevent parse-dependent features such as Open Declaration and Mark Occurrences from being available. The preprocessor integration feature (for example the "Preprocessor Statements > Identify" action) can be invoked to resolve this issue.
  • gb12345
    gb12345
    31 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T10:05:10Z  in response to gb12345
    Hi Jeremy,

i have tested the preprocessor integration feature (for example the "Preprocessor Statements > Identify" action) and it works (errors in editor disappeared), if i have the program files locally on my PC (Local PLI Project), but it does not work, when the files are on the mainframe and I use a z/OS-Project.

Any help would be appreciated.

Georg
  • gb12345
    gb12345
    31 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T10:27:41Z  in response to gb12345
    Hi Jeremy,
    do I have to setup a remote preprocessor configuration in case of program files on the mainframe?
    Is there any documentation available?

Georg
  • gb12345
    gb12345
    31 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-15T13:54:35Z  in response to gb12345
    I have done another test:
    1. I copied the files to a local PLI -Project
    2. I saw the same errors in the editor.
    3. After doing a "Identify using configured preprocessor" the errors in the editor disappeared.
    4. This works only for local PLI-project. This does not work for Enterprise-projects with source-files on the mainframe.

Need help!