3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-07T21:43:27Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Shared Object Problem bpm 8

‏2013-01-07T11:38:01Z |
Hello guys
welcome back from the holidays those that went away.
Im still having problems with shared objects whereby ive made my BO shared but the problem comes in when i change data in 1 process... i would like it to change on the other process as well. But it doesnt seem to be changing it. Not sure if thers more coding that i should do?

Oh heres my scenario. Ive got 2 process apps with a process in each app using one shared business object located in the toolkit. Now i want when i change a value in process app 1 and it should reflect in process app 2 as well. It doesnt seem to be doing this.
Thank you
Updated on 2013-01-07T21:43:27Z at 2013-01-07T21:43:27Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Shared Object Problem bpm 8

‏2013-01-07T16:13:01Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    This behavior doesn't surprise me. I've never tried it, but it would surprise me if you were allowed to "share" data objects between Process Apps. Sure you can have the same data type in both applications by sharing the same toolkit, but sharing actual instance data between Process Applications would violate the premise that Process Applications are isolated from each other. Plus, if they did share data, it would open up all kinds of very difficult versioning problems. (What happens if a new snapshot of Process App A, with a new version of the toolkit with a new incompatible shared business object, gets deployed?)

Bottom line, I think what you are looking to do would require both processes to be in a single process application. Is there any reason that would be a problem?

David
    • jmac_EmeriCon
      jmac_EmeriCon
      263 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-07T16:20:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      David:

The way I read the doc this is supposed to work. But I have had issues with this too.

The doc is very thin on Shared Objects, and what little there is, indicates it is possible to do what Cebisa is requesting See here at #6

I currently have a PMR open asking for more information, but I am not very hopeful at the moment.

John

John McDonald

EmeriCon, LLC
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        7615 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-07T21:43:27Z  in response to jmac_EmeriCon
        Yes, it looks like I was wrong and this was specifically mentioned as possible in the docs. Seems like a PMR is in order. (I know you have one, but the original poster should probably open one too.)

Although I have to wonder what the intended behavior is regarding versioning. And whether the community thinks it would be a best practice; it seems too tightly coupled for separate apps, but I could be persuaded.

David