3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-08T18:12:28Z by David.Honey
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
174 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic synergy_scm-plugin ccm command error

‏2013-01-07T11:22:30Z |
Hello all,
I’ve for mission to integrate (Jenkins version 1.472) to automate test processes, the idea is to extract the source code from synergy 7.1 WEB mode, and to copy it to a local repository. I’m working on Windows XP. I’ve test the synergy_scm-plugin (version 1.6) but I have this message.

There are no files in C:\Program Files\Jenkins\jobs\monTestSynergy\workspace.
I checked “Maintain workarea” option in the Jenkins project properties and I launched a build.
So I have the following failure:

Démarré par l'utilisateur anonymous
Building in workspace C:\Program Files\Jenkins\jobs\monTestSynergy\workspace
workspace $ C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\Rational\Synergy\bin\ccm.exe start -d /opt/ccm/databases/lemprod/ -nogui -m -q -s http://synergy7.sds.safran:8410 -n F558863 -pw ********
sds-0ce7:4758:10.74.67.134

workspace $ C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\Rational\Synergy\bin\ccm.exe attr -s status -p alas000_demonstrateur~F558863
working

workspace $ C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\Rational\Synergy\bin\ccm.exe attr -s maintain_wa -project alas000_demonstrateur~F558863
TRUE

workspace $ C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\Rational\Synergy\bin\ccm.exe attr -s wa_path -project alas000_demonstrateur~F558863
D:\WA_Synergy\lemprod\alas000_demonstrateur~F558863

workspace $ C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\Rational\Synergy\bin\ccm.exe attr -m wa_path -v "C:\Program Files\Jenkins\jobs\monTestSynergy\workspace" -project alas000_demonstrateur~F558863
ccm command failed
Invalid escape sequence for attr_value.

I understand that the syntax "C:\Program Files\Jenkins\jobs\monTestSynergy\workspace" is wrong. But I’ve checked in the Synergy user manual and I didn’t see anythink wrong.
What is the the correct syntax for the attr wa_path –v "C:\Program Files\Jenkins\jobs\monTestSynergy\workspace" ?

workspace $ C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\Rational\Synergy\bin\ccm.exe stop
IBM Rational Synergy CLI session exiting.

Notifying upstream projects of job completion
Finished: FAILURE

Can anyone help me please?
Thank you in advance.
Updated on 2013-01-08T18:12:28Z at 2013-01-08T18:12:28Z by David.Honey
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    174 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: synergy_scm-plugin ccm command error

‏2013-01-07T11:32:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I don't have this environment at hand and cannot test it but I think that the problem is one of the following:
    • omit blanks: use short name of directory in path name: "Progra~1" instead of "Program Files"
    • escape backslashes: use two \\ instead of one \

Hope this helps
    Mike
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    174 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T17:54:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    My recommendation would be to use the ccm workarea command, rather than ccm attr for this task. Something like:

C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN>ccm wa -path 
    "c:\users\ibm_admin\new folder" -project Platform~ash

will likely give better results overall than manipulating the attribute directly. When I used ccm wa, I was able to specify the path with single "\" as the path separators, and Synergy takes care of syncing the workarea to the new location for you.

In order to use ccm attr, I had to escape every backslash:

C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN>ccm attr -m wa_path -v 
    "C:\\users\\ibm_admin\\new folder" -project Platform~ash

or I got the same escape sequence errors as you mention.
    • David.Honey
      David.Honey
      176 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-08T18:12:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Users should only use the ccm work_area command to modify work area properties from the command line. Direct manipulation of the implementation-private attributes on projects (such as wa_path) is unsupported and likely to not do what might be expected.

Best regards,
      David.