• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-11T10:19:07Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1305 Posts

Pinned topic Statechart inside a function

‏2013-01-07T08:30:11Z |
Hi all,

i have a primitive function which implements a statechart. That means, the states of this statechart are checked and appropriate transitions will take place only after this function has been called.

is there any way to add a statechart diagram in a function? or is there a way such that i can draw a statechart anywhere and then associate it with this function so that the statechart is implemented only when the function is called?

NOTE: when i generate the code, the statechart implementation code must be inside the function body.

Thanks in advance!
Updated on 2013-01-11T10:19:07Z at 2013-01-11T10:19:07Z by SystemAdmin
  • pathfinder_hartmut
    pathfinder_hartmut
    49 Posts

Re: Statechart inside a function

‏2013-01-09T13:08:42Z  
    Hi RJadhay,

as far as I know, you can't do that to a statechart. But you can use a Flowchart instead (depending on the language you're using. For C and C++ it should work) Property {Lang}_CG.Operation.ImplementFlowchart must be checked in order to generate the operation body from the flowchart.
    Note, that flowcharts implementing operation need a termination action, and don't support reception of events.

Regards, Hartmut
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

Re: Statechart inside a function

‏2013-01-11T10:19:07Z  
    Hi RJadhay,

as far as I know, you can't do that to a statechart. But you can use a Flowchart instead (depending on the language you're using. For C and C++ it should work) Property {Lang}_CG.Operation.ImplementFlowchart must be checked in order to generate the operation body from the flowchart.
    Note, that flowcharts implementing operation need a termination action, and don't support reception of events.

Regards, Hartmut
    Thanks Harmut.
    But flowchart will be quite tedious for any 3rd person reading it. Moreover it will be plainly implemented as an if-else sequence.
    I want a statechart because it would be easier for my colleagues to understand and also implemented as a faste switch case.

So,

Is there any way of atleast "calling" a statechart/statemachine from a function?