Topic
10 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-21T08:40:15Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
41 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic MOBILE APP UPDATED IN THE APP STORE!

‏2013-01-07T04:05:52Z |
The 2.0.1 version of the IBM Content Navigator mobile app has been approved by Apple and is being pushed out to the various App Stores as I write this. It can take a few hours to show up in all the stores for all the countries, so please be patient. You will be able to download it here (or just update your apps if you already had it installed): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibm-content-navigator/id538507846?mt=8

And remember, as we showed at IBM Information OnDemand this year, now you don't have to have an iPad to run it, you can use an iPhone, iPod Touch, or even iPad Mini, in addition to the traditional iPad form factor.

Beyond the additional devices supported, big new features, among many, include:

Add new electronic documents, not just photos
Check out & check in
Edit properties
Open documents in other apps (and store offline)
Preliminary Datacap support (create batches)
Preliminary Case Manager support (search for cases and access associated documents)

Happy downloading!

Ian
Updated on 2013-02-21T08:40:15Z at 2013-02-21T08:40:15Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: MOBILE APP UPDATED IN THE APP STORE!

‏2013-01-13T15:44:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Ian,

I've tried the 2.0.1 for Ipad version, can you point me on how to create the datacap batch? I also notice that I could checkout a document but there's no option for checkin back in.

Appreciate your advise.

Thanks
    • damorris
      damorris
      27 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-13T18:44:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      You have to have the latest version of Datacap installed and configured properly. Once that is done, you can configure the connection to Datacap in the ICN web administration. On the Desktop definition's "Mobile" tab there is an entry for Datacap where you can specify the URL to the Datacap web services URL.

I haven't seen a case where you cannot check in a document. Can you please provide more details of what you're doing at the time and what you see on the menu?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        41 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T03:12:36Z  in response to damorris
        Hi Damorris,

Thanks for the reply. Ian Story has resolved the checkin issue. The checkout is actually could be done in IBM Content Navigator App but the checkin need to be done by using other application e.g. Good reader, Docs To Go or other authoring app, use the "Open In" menu and select "Navigator". This will bring back the navigator screen and you have the option to add the selected document as new document or new version of a checkout document.

Could you advise the URL format, is it http://<datacap_server>:<port>//ServicewTM.svc/Queue/CreateBatch? I've tried it and the menu was displayed the icon to "Add new page" but after selecting the image, and click "Save" the navigator closed unexpectedly.

Regards,

Juan
        • damorris
          damorris
          27 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T06:18:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi,

Just shorten it to be http://<datacap server name>:<data server port>. You don't need anything else on the URL.
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            41 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-25T02:44:52Z  in response to damorris
            Hi Damorris, I installed the latest version of datacap with webservice and add the update the URL (http:/<hostname>:<port>). But when I add the image from navigator app it is closing unexpectedly. Please advise to fix the issue.

thanks!
            • damorris
              damorris
              27 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-25T10:46:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Hi,
              Does it happen every time or just sometimes? Are you seeing this only in the Datacap feature or also in the Browse feature?

I've seen an occasional issue but I've also been having issues where sometimes the camera on my iPhone 4S simply crashes no matter which App is invoking.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                41 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-25T17:20:36Z  in response to damorris
                Hi Damorris, this happens all the time from Datacap feature I'm able to capture the photo after when I try to save the image the app crashes, I don't see this issue with Browse feature. is it possible to attach a screenshot of your datacap setting? Thanks!
                • damorris
                  damorris
                  27 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-26T20:39:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  Hi,

I've asked some folks on my team to look in to this. In the meantime, here is my desktop configuration.
                  • SystemAdmin
                    SystemAdmin
                    41 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-21T06:14:19Z  in response to damorris
                    Hi,

I'm also facing the same issue. Please share if you resolved the issue.

Thanks.
                    • SystemAdmin
                      SystemAdmin
                      41 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-21T08:40:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                      Development is currently investigating the source of the problem, and will update here when there is news.