Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-09T02:18:10Z by HuangJiYong
HuangJiYong
HuangJiYong
2 Posts

Pinned topic RAD ant task workspacePreferenceSet: how to get all preference name

‏2013-01-06T10:07:43Z |
I am using RAD ant task workspacePreferenceSet to do a headless build. I need to use workspacePreferenceSet to set preference automatically. workspacePreferenceSet has a parameter preferenceName, I think it is the preference id for a preference item. But I have no idea how to find out the correct preference name for a preference item.
Does anyone have experience for this issue?
Thanks!
Updated on 2013-01-09T02:18:10Z at 2013-01-09T02:18:10Z by HuangJiYong
  • mattia
    mattia
    38 Posts

Re: RAD ant task workspacePreferenceSet: how to get all preference name

‏2013-01-07T13:16:56Z  
    Hi

You can open up your Rational Application Developer workbench on your workspace and try File > Export > General > Preferences. This will allow you to export the Eclipse preferences from your workspace on an Eclipse .EPF archive.
    You can inspect this file to find out preferences' names, their IDs and values for your workspace and then use those in the WorkspacePreferencesSet Ant task.

In general preferences reflect the setting's in your IDE's Window > Preferences control window.
  • HuangJiYong
    HuangJiYong
    2 Posts

Re: RAD ant task workspacePreferenceSet: how to get all preference name

‏2013-01-09T02:18:10Z  
    • mattia
    • ‏2013-01-07T13:16:56Z
    Hi

You can open up your Rational Application Developer workbench on your workspace and try File > Export > General > Preferences. This will allow you to export the Eclipse preferences from your workspace on an Eclipse .EPF archive.
    You can inspect this file to find out preferences' names, their IDs and values for your workspace and then use those in the WorkspacePreferencesSet Ant task.

In general preferences reflect the setting's in your IDE's Window > Preferences control window.
    Hi Mattia,
    It works perfectly.
    Thank you very much.